🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Just Learned ! Connects required to BID ...
Page options
kalaani
Community Member

Just Learned ! Connects required to BID on Projects in Talent Clouds too.

This what CS agent said :

"Jobs posted within the Talent Cloud, or when you send a proposal within an Enterprise Talent Cloud, those are job posts under Talent Cloud which were discontinued hence, your see their required connects "

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kalaani,

Freelancers in Talent Clouds don’t use Connects to submit proposals to Enterprise jobs posted in that Talent Cloud. However, any Enterprise project posted in the marketplace will require freelancers to use Connects in order to submit proposals to that job. It sounds like the job you were inquiring about was an Enterprise job but it wasn't posted in a Talent Cloud.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

Freelancers in Talent Clouds don’t use Connects to submit proposals to Enterprise jobs. However, any Enterprise project posted in the marketplace will require freelancers to use Connects in order to submit proposals to that job. It sounds like the job you were inquiring about was an Enterprise job but it wasn't posted in a Talent Cloud.

Bojan, maybe the CS person who responded to Kalaani could be gently prompted to look at her responses before sending them, because with all due respect, and even with my many years of deciphering weirdly worded communication, the "advice" quoted above (if indeed it was quoted) makes no sense at all.

(Your response makes perfect sense)

lysis10
Community Member

Yeah the "talent clouds were discontinued" made me think "huh?" so um yeah.

I didn't know that talent cloud bids cost no connects though. Interdasting. TIL.

Petra and Jennifer,

I agree that the language in the ticket was confusing and I was just discussing it with the team. We'll make sure to clarify this information for all the agents and do proper coaching so it's communicated clearly in the future.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths