cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a suggestion, would like to see Client ID before applying

Julia C Member Since: Oct 13, 2015
11 of 32

Totally agreed! This is what we have proposed for some time already. Really liked the classy look of elance search result.

elance_project_summary.png

I can't even read what is in that picture. What is wrong with the information you see below?

Jean,

I purposely made the picture blurry. while at a quick glance, you can still gather the following information:

1. This is a US client (i don't have to mouse over in order to tell, or shall i say i can't even tell with mouse over for most of the clients on upwork?) - anyway, this is very important information for freelancers targeting clients from certain geolocation.

2. We have applied for this project (see the red flag?) - the fact why upwork doesn't keep the flag is still puzzling.

We work as agencies normally will big over 100 jobs (with additional purchased connects). The missing flag is really inconvenient to us ( do we really have to click into the job then realize we already applied for it?)

3. There are 77 bids (or applications) - in most case, if i see this up front (before i even bid on it) , i will NOT bid on it just to throw 2 connects into the sink...

Ace Contributor
Meg E. T Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
12 of 32

Jean: Thanks for the info on the pop-up info. It would have been nice to know that. Is there a "How to Use Upwork" page I'm just not familiar with?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 32

Hi Linda, thank you for your suggestion. We took a note of it and will share it with the team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Linda P Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
14 of 32

Valeria,  

Thank you for sharing this suggestion with the team.

If we could just see who the client is (like their ID handle, nickname, etc...), it would help us Upworkers out tremendously, when we place our bids.

Personally, I like to be able to personalize my bids, ie...

"Hello [Mr. John] (or [John 123]),

Please accept my proposal for your...."

I believe other Upworkers would agree.

Again, Thanks.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
15 of 32

@Linda P wrote:

Valeria,  

If we could just see who the client is (like their ID handle, nickname, etc...), it would help us Upworkers out tremendously, when we place our bids.

Again, Thanks.

Clients here do not use nicknames on their account. I believe they must use the name that is on the credit card. I have never seen nicknames on here. So that really does not apply. 

All the other information you want is available. 

As well, if you're planning on making up a proposal then you've already opened the job offer.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
16 of 32

@Linda P wrote:

Valeria,  

Again, Thanks.

Linda,

You can look through feedback if they are not new to Upwork and find a name many times on who to address.

You stated you have had scammy invites. Unfortunately the field you are in is full of them. Especially data entry.  

Community Guru
17 of 32

To Anyone....

Ok. If someone could show me where to find the Client Information, like a name, then I would consider this suggestion mute; otherwise, here is more information.

I have come a long way since March. and have learned much, regarding how to preview jobs and what to look for, prior to placing bids, and in my "Data Entry" field of work, have to be extremely cautious.

That being said please keep in mind, I have reviewed the feedback section on jobs of interest, with no client name listed. The only way I have ever seen the client name, is only "if and" when an invitation is received.

I have even seen a list of client feedbacks for one particular job, that said nothing but Private for all its freelancers hired, no feedback shown whatsoever.

As far "nicknames", I realize nicknames are not allowed on Upwork, but that still does not prevent clients identifying themselves as "qwerty", or "sghgh", or the like. But even then, that is not apparent until they send you an invitation.

If someone can enlighten me as how to locate a client name, before bidding, when one is not clearly shown, please send an example showing such.

Community Guru
18 of 32

@Linda P wrote:

To Anyone....

Ok. If someone could show me where to find the Client Information, like a name, then I would consider this suggestion mute; otherwise, here is more inforamtion.

I have come a long way since March. and have learned much, regarding how to preview jobs and what to look for, prior to placing bidds, and in my "Data Entry" field of work, have to be exteremely cautious.

That being said please keep in mind, I have reviewed the feedback section on jobs of interest, with no client name listed. The only way I have ever seen the client name, is only "if and" when an invitation is received.

I have even seen a list of client feedbacks for one particular job, that said nothing but Private for all its freelancers hired, no feedback shown whatsoever.

As far "nicknames", I realize nicknames are not allowed on Upwork, but that still does not prevent clients identifying themselves as "qwerty", or "sghgh", or the like. But even then, that is not apparent until they send you an invitation.

If someone can enlighten me as how to locate a client name, before bidding, when one is not clearly show, please send an example showing such.

We don't use client names unless that is what is on their credit card. Most of the time you see a company name as they use a corporate credit card. Also there are many times a company will use their credit card and then have someone else manage the hiring etc.

The list of private is because it's a former Elance client and their previous contracts will display no information, especially if they kept that private on Elance.

I highly doubt ANYONE uses qwerty or sghgh, as that would not be the name on their credit card so therefore it's not going to happen. 

You DO NOT get the clients name unless it was used with their credit card or if a freelancer used it in their feedback. 

It's always been this way. I don't see why a clients name or company is needed to decide if you want to click on and possibly apply to a job. All you need to know is that their payment method if verified.

Community Guru
19 of 32

Jean S wrote:

We don't use client names unless that is what is on their credit card. Most of the time you see a company name as they use a corporate credit card. 

The list of private is because it's a former Elance client and their previous contracts will display no information, especially if they kept that private on Elance.

I highly doubt ANYONE uses qwerty or sghgh, as that would not be the name on their credit card so therefore it's not going to happen. 

You DO NOT get the clients name unless it was used with their credit card or if a freelancer used it in their feedback. 

It's always been this way. I don't see why a clients name or company is needed to decide if you want to apply to a job. All you need to know is that their payment method if verified.

Excuse Me! 

Please tell me what Credit Card or Company would have a name, like my attachment? 

And as I said, this was not found out until an Invitation was received.

Community Guru
20 of 32

I have no idea where that picture comes from so I can't comment until you explain where you see this. 

Under client information I see exactly what is on their credit card if their are an established client and don't see anything like this for clients with no verified payment method.

It is NOT available on the job listing page which is what you are talking about regarding client information.

Since it does show in Archived Interviews ... you you showed...I suspect it has to do with non verified clients who let jobs expire.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS