Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a suggestion, would like to see Client ID before applying

Community Guru
Linda P Member Since: Aug 1, 2015
21 of 32

Jean, 

Attached is another screenshot I made, with more information.

This particular job did not have "verified payment" and has already been reported a while back.

Could you please tell me at what point Client payment is verified, it they have not hired a freelancer at the time I look at their job description?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
22 of 32

Since the job is archived and had no verified payment I suspect it is something Upwork assigns. When they've have archived the job for whatever reasons. I've never in 8 years seen any kind of client with that as a name.

Community Guru
23 of 32

Jean,

Thank you for your reply.

This particular clients name did not show up until after I had received their invitation. The name was never changed after the fact. I could show several more screenshots, with ficitious names, such as this.

Upwork did not archive this partiular job, because I withdrew my bid. Also, there is record of these types of instances (ficticious names), with Upwork Support, and when I reported them, that is when the these types of jobs resulted in being pulled.

Still, I have not received an answer to my question.

At what point is the Client's payment verfied, especially if they are new and have not hired anyone?

All my previous freelancing was as an "Independent Contractor working in several counties", prior to March of this year. I am continuing to learn the ins and outs of the Online Freelance Work.

I would like to take this time to thank Upwork for the ability to communicate with others in the community.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
24 of 32

I do think Elance had better ways of researching clients. Their details helped weed out either clients who weren't right for you or people you've contacted before and whatever.

I saw a post yesterday that I thought was perfect for me. I clicked on Submit Proposal and read the job again and thought "man this sounds so familiar. hmmm" Luckily, instead of submitting a proposal I went back into my history and DUH I was working on the same job post for the same guy. The sad part? I guess he wants to find someone else. Smiley Sad  The lulzy part would have been if I submitted another bid and he had to say "umm, it's not working out... I guess I should tell you that now." ha

He hasn't closed the contract and I don't want to sound like a whiner asking why he has the same job description up. LOL

Community Guru
25 of 32

Jennifer,

Bless your heart.

I understand exactly what you are saying.

Community Guru
26 of 32

Ok. I've taken several deep breaths. I'm calming down now.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
27 of 32

I believe Jean was referring to verified clients. Most verified clients the name on thier credit card would need to be the same as what is on the account.

Community Guru
28 of 32

Suzanne,

At what point would the Client's payment be verified, if they are new and have not hired?

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
29 of 32

Linda,

If they have not hired they don't have to verify, but before they hire I believe they have to either fund a milestone for a fixed price, and add a credit card or payment method for hourly.

I am not positive as I hired someone I already knew I wanted for the first job I posted and then the second job I already had my payment method on record.

If you ever apply for a job that does not have a verified payment method I would be sure to mention to them they need to get their payment method verified before you will start working.

I generally do not apply to jobs that are not verified payment nor do I interview with invites on jobs that have not verified on their accounts. Not to say new clients are a problem, many people work for new clients every day with no issues. 

I work long term jobs so I tend to be very picky about jobs I do take.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
30 of 32

Landed a gig last week for someone who didn't have their CC verified. Upwork must prompt them. Only a few minutes after they sent me the offer, I got an email that the CC was verified.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS