I understand, a new Client can remain "un-verified" until they their first hire, at which point payment is then verified.
Also, I too, have become very picky about jobs for which I apply.
I have come a long way since March, understanding and learning more and more every day.
I have learned:
- If it sounds fishy, it’s most likely going to be a “Scam”.
- Review their stats: Applications, Stats, Hires; and if they already have hired, go to the next post.
- Limit the size of Example being requested, don’t do the work for free.
- If Client has more than one job post, what are their stats (15 jobs, 0 hires), go the next post.
- Check feedback to see if the Clients name is mentioned.
- And now, if payment is not “Verified”, go to the next post.
This is just to name some things I have learned while searching for jobs on Upwork and participating in the Community Forum.
I'm just saying...
This came from first page of Job Listings (Taking care not to include Client ID #)...
Blue Outlined - Payment Method Verified
Red Outlined and No Outlines - Payment Method Not Verified.
10 postings out of 20 postings...
1 Verified with Location
2 Verified without Location
1 Not Verified with Location
6 Not Verified without Location
By this, it is possible to have payment verified, without hiring. But, where are most of these job located?