cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just another one for admins....

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
1 of 12
Guys.. get your *** together. here is a perfect example of why people don;t take oDesk seriously. **** *[Removed by Admin]
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
2 of 12
Hi Tony, Please report to Customer Support with details. Since this job post violates the Tos of another website/business, it violates oDesk's ToS as well.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 12
[quote=Tony H.]Guys.. get your *** together. here is a perfect example of why people don;t take oDesk seriously. **** *[Removed by Admin][/quote] Tony, I am not sure what your point is. How could oDesk have avoided this? C*a* gets posted, people with a brain see it, report it, done. Other than vetting each and every potentially offered contract this sort of thing is unavoidable.
Alicia K Member Since: Oct 13, 2011
4 of 12
Each new job posts takes 20 minutes to actually post. I thought that period of time reviewed each job post, but apparently not. So what's the point of waiting 20 minutes?
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
5 of 12
[quote]Other than vetting each and every potentially offered contract this sort of thing is unavoidable.[/quote] That's what I think should happen. At east quickly scan each posting and have a mod approve them before they go live. A scam can be caught within seconds. As for reporting, I've done that a million times before and it seems many others have as well... does nothing. Personally, I think it's the job of oDesk to police their own service, not ours. We pay them a lot of money for this service.
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
6 of 12
No you don't pay them a lot of money for this service.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
7 of 12
10% is a lot of money.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
8 of 12
If I were to compute that 10% on all the projects I've worked for ever since I've signed up here, yes.. that's a whole lot. Don't they have some customer loyalty reward stuff for this, I wonder Smiley Happy
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
9 of 12
No, it is not. goto one of the other sites then.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
10 of 12
10% is a great deal of money; especially compared to other freelancing sites. I don't do hourly jobs, so the software and hourly guarantee are valueless to me. I want to find jobs; do them and get paid for them. Thanks to the job feed changes, finding jobs is a great deal more difficult than it was before; also time-consuming. The applying for jobs part is OK, as is the messaging system; but that's not exactly rocket science, in web-design terms. The withdrawing money part is now buried deeper and more of a****. So what, exactly, am I receiving in value for that 10%? No protection whatsoever and an increasingly ***interface. I am seriously considering going elsewhere...the only reason that it hasn't happened already is the fact that oDesk doesn't do the 'artificial scarcity' thing where you have to pay upfront the ability to apply for extra job categories (and the recent job feed change has made it difficult to find the off-beat jobs that I like; even if there no barriers to applying for them) and other artificial scarcities. 10% is the highest fee charged by any freelancer site that I know of and I'm getting very little service in exchange for that. *[Removed by Admin]
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS