🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Just completed a job and the feedback / payme...
Page options
dutchs
Community Member

Just completed a job and the feedback / payment hasnt hit

Im new to the platform ( two weeks old) and just closed a job and received excellent feedback, however neither are showing up as completed or listed under feedback. I understand how important the feedback aspect is - especially when it comes to securing future jobs. And of course, I'd like to get paid.  How does this get resolved?

The job contract number is 23683280

Thanks!  Dutch

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, Steve!

On Monday your client will be invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your Work Diary. Then, your job should be visible on your profile together with the feedback.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Did you leave feedback for the client? His feedback won't show up until you leave feedback for him (and even then, give it a few hours to show up in your profile), or until 14 days have passed. 

As for your payment, it'll take either five working days to clear if it's a fixed price project, or up to 14 days if it's hourly.

Yes i did, and in fact they have asked about possibly doing additional work... Hence, the frustration!

So basically I need to wait 14 days fro the feedback /payment to hit on the completed job? All feedback has been given... Im just trying to understand the process better, as my first job, everything hit within a day of being completed... Thanks again....

Steve S wrote:

So basically I need to wait 14 days fro the feedback /payment to hit on the completed job? All feedback has been given... Im just trying to understand the process better, as my first job, everything hit within a day of being completed... Thanks again....

How long it takes to get paid depends if this was an hourly or fixed-price project.  

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060918-Manage-How-You-Get-Paid

If the client closed the job and you both have provided feedback, it will take a few hours to show up on your profile.  Here's a trick to see it immediately:  Go to your profile, click on anywhere and hit "save".  Reload the page and your feedback (if actually given) will show up.  

Good luck!

Robin-

I appreciate the help.. Attempted your approach for the feedback via 'saving" and refreshing the page, to no avail...I guess I will give it another day or so?

Dutch

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Steve,

I just checked your profile and I can see that you have received great feedback, congratulation. Please note that only jobs on which payment has been processed are displayed on Freelancer's profile. 

You have 1 hour logged this week, this work week has not ended yet. Timesheet for this week will be available for the client's review next week and the payment will be released to you on Wednesday the week after. You can find more information about how that works here

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
dutchs
Community Member

So basically, once this week is over, the payment will be hit and the feedback will be released?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is correct, Steve!

On Monday your client will be invoiced for the previous week's hours based on your Work Diary. Then, your job should be visible on your profile together with the feedback.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Steve S wrote:

Feedback and payment are not the same thing. Feedback shows only when both parties have left it for the other party and this can be done up to 14 days after the job is closed.

Once this happens, you can to to the My jobs page and retrieve the closed contract to see the feedback and few hours after both parties have left their feedback, it will show on your profile.

Read this: Getting Started on Upwork

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene-

I appreciate the advice. I have doneso a few times, and yet it wont seem to post to my profile.

Dutch

Steve S wrote:

Rene-

I appreciate the advice. I have doneso a few times, and yet it wont seem to post to my profile.

Dutch

Steve.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members