Just joined upwork few days ago

Just joined upwork few days ago and no one hired or interviewed me at least .

i'm losing connects only although i'm trying with the jobs like data entries,web research,transcription and so on .

anyone can review my profile and figure out what's wrong with it ??

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10

Creating a data entry profile on here is like bringing sand to the beach.

If you want work in Arabic/English translation, your profile should be grammatically correct. For example, it says,

"I'm Graduated from faculty of engineering communication department (fresh graduated ) . i have a free time so i'm trying to use it here ..."

Instead, it should say something like,

I graduated from the faculty of engineering communication department (freshly graduated). I have free time so I'm trying to use it here ...

That's at least grammatically correct. Compare the original with my correction, and see how many corrections I made. Even after the changes, "I'm trying to use it here ..." is not too articulate, and "faculty of engineering communication department" sounds redundant, sort of like saying "department of redundancy department", and (freshly graduated) is also redundant, but that's just my opinion.

@John K wrote:

If you want work in Arabic/English translation, your profile should be grammatically correct. For example, it says,

I'd go a step further and say that anyone who wants to be paid to translate must be a TRANSLATOR, not just someone who happens to speak 2 or more languages more or less adequately.

thanks for advice 🙂

Yet he's not the only one with that problem ... and some of us are not only into fifth grade data entry ... I believe it's time to say good bye !

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Octavian Valentin A wrote:

Yet he's not the only one with that problem ... and some of us are not only into fifth grade data entry ... I believe it's time to say good bye !

Octavian, It is not your task to decide who has to say good-bye to Upwork. Upwork tries to attract as much freelancers as possible and so everybody can offer his/her services here. I am sure there is also a market in Arabic data entry for example and not too many of us are able to do that. 

got it  thanks  i will try to learn something unique .