cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just lost a job because upwork won't work. Why is the site not working?

codemenow
Ace Contributor
Mohit A Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
1 of 3

Hello,

After commincating with the client on the issues, as he was awarding the job to me, he got an error. Screenshot attached.

An error occurred while processin your request. Please try again.

I asked client to open an upwork ticket, he waited for 24hrs, then I got this mail

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Now, how do I understand this? I lost $100 because the site didn't work and upwork is unable to award this job to me.

This doesn't make any sense.

I have been getting a bit less work than usual, how do I know if this has not been happening for all my clients?

I made at least  $2000 for upwork last year, got the Top Freelancer badge, almost all 5 stars. Even though the fee has changed to 20% I still understand upwork's argument and still work here and this is what I get.

I am just very frustruated, don't know how to cope with this. I believed upwork support will be able to help, if even they can't, who do I ask?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Mohit,

The issue you and your client are having trying to create a contract may be related to the content of the offer that's being sent. You may ask the client to re-send the offer and make sure there are no suspicious links, attachments or code snippets in it.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
codemenow
Ace Contributor
Mohit A Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
3 of 3

Hi Valeria,

I don't know why the upwork support didn't tell it to the client. He has now closed the job, or awarded the job to someone else. I don't know because he archived the message.

He last message said upwork sent him $50 credit for his inconvenience. This is weird as I was supposed to be paid and he was supposed to be the sender.

This is so unacceptable Smiley Sad

Thanks,

Mohit

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS