🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Just lost my Top-Rated status after opening d...
Page options
andy_khun
Community Member

Just lost my Top-Rated status after opening dispute with client

Solved, thanks Petra! That clears things up and helps me feel more at ease. Admin may close thread.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andy K wrote:

It also says I only need to have JSS above 90% for 13 out of 16 weeks to stay top rated? ...so even if my JSS dipped below 90% for abit - shouldn't I keep the top rated status?

That means you aren't eligible for top-rated unless your eligible weeks are 13 out of 16. You still need to fulfill all the other criteria, and the Number one is "a JSS of 90% or more". It does not mean you can drop below 90% and stay top rated.

Andy K wrote:

In the "my stats" section my clients who recommend me is still 100%

That doesn't mean anything, because that metric only updates every X (unknown, widely thought to be 3 to 5) contracts. It'll catch up eventually.

Andy K wrote:

1. Does anyone know if being in a dispute affects the JSS?
  2. Does anyone know if leaving a bad feedback for the client affects the JSS? (it's removed now anyway after requesting it)
  3. What else could possibly affect my JSS and therefore my status in being top-rated?
  4. Nothing else should negatively affect my JSS in the next 2 weeks. Would you say it's certain that I will be reinstated my top-rated status once my JSS updates?

1. It shouldn't. The contract outcome (unhappy client) already has.

2. No, the feedback you leave has no effect on your JSS

3, The poor contract outcome is what affected your JSS

4. Probably.

Andy K wrote:

I feel like Upwork really should protect us more as top-rated freelancers, or at least support us when something like this happens.

They do. You had the chance to use your perk, that's exactly what it is there for.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andy, 

I'm sorry to learn that you have an ongoing dispute with a client. You may check this help article to know how your Job Success Score is calculated, and this help article for more information on what factors may have affected your Job Success Score calculation.

In the meantime, I'll check on your account to see if the score's calculation is accurate. 

~ Avery
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Andy K wrote:

It also says I only need to have JSS above 90% for 13 out of 16 weeks to stay top rated? ...so even if my JSS dipped below 90% for abit - shouldn't I keep the top rated status?

That means you aren't eligible for top-rated unless your eligible weeks are 13 out of 16. You still need to fulfill all the other criteria, and the Number one is "a JSS of 90% or more". It does not mean you can drop below 90% and stay top rated.

Andy K wrote:

In the "my stats" section my clients who recommend me is still 100%

That doesn't mean anything, because that metric only updates every X (unknown, widely thought to be 3 to 5) contracts. It'll catch up eventually.

Andy K wrote:

1. Does anyone know if being in a dispute affects the JSS?
  2. Does anyone know if leaving a bad feedback for the client affects the JSS? (it's removed now anyway after requesting it)
  3. What else could possibly affect my JSS and therefore my status in being top-rated?
  4. Nothing else should negatively affect my JSS in the next 2 weeks. Would you say it's certain that I will be reinstated my top-rated status once my JSS updates?

1. It shouldn't. The contract outcome (unhappy client) already has.

2. No, the feedback you leave has no effect on your JSS

3, The poor contract outcome is what affected your JSS

4. Probably.

Andy K wrote:

I feel like Upwork really should protect us more as top-rated freelancers, or at least support us when something like this happens.

They do. You had the chance to use your perk, that's exactly what it is there for.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members