🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Just started a new contract but I want to...
Page options
abdelkader-amira
Community Member

Just started a new contract but I want to end it, afraid of negative review

Hi,

I just strarted a new contract yesterday, I was advised that I will have a proper training for this full time permenant job, I was shocked by the culture and I don't think I can fit.

I want to end the contract politely but I am afraid they would give me a negative review.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

Amira Ibrahim A wrote:

Hi,

I just strarted a new contract yesterday, I was advised that I will have a proper training for this full time permenant job, I was shocked by the culture and I don't think I can fit.

I want to end the contract politely but I am afraid they would give me a negative review.

Any ideas?

Yes, flaking out might indeed get you a bad review. I guess you can try to bs your way out of it but who knows.

robin_hyman
Community Member

If you end the contract without payment, your JSS will suffer.

Can you do some of the work, even if it is for a few minutes or deliver the first milestone? (depending if this is an hourly or fixed-price project.   

[I don't know anything about the original poster or her client or her project. Below are some hypothetical thoughts:]

As a client, what I really care about is my project.

I am not interested in judging you (the freelancer) or your culture or anything else.

I need to get some work done. I never in any way had my whole heart invested in YOU doing the work.

So if this isn't going to work out for you, then just let me know as quickly and as briefly as possible so that I can focus on my project. Don't overthink this. Don't make a big deal about this. I don't have the time or interest to get "mad" at someone who hasn't even started working on the project. If you let me know now, then I'll be fine. If you drag this out, then I might think about a negative review.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members