🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Keyboard and mouse showing 0 strokes while ac...
Page options
imfurqan
Community Member

Keyboard and mouse showing 0 strokes while activity level is 9

Hi,

Recently I started working on a contract but I faced a weird scenario. While using a time tracker, the keyboard and mouse strokes are 0, and the activity level is 9. I stopped working after 30 mins. This happens to me for the first time and it's kinda weird. I need to deliver the project as soon as possible.

Could anyone suggest what to do now? I am using desktop app Version 5.5.0.11

Thank you.

-Furqan

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Furqan,

When you have logging turned on, the app takes random screen captures six times per hour—once per 10-minute billing segment. Anything visible on your screen will display in your Work Diary, but you have the option, in Settings, to choose whether the screen captures your entire desktop or only the active screen. You can also choose whether you want to be notified each time a screen capture is taken. By default, notifications are on and you’ll have the option to delete the screen capture before upload if you’d like to.

The app logs your activity level by counting the number of mouse clicks, scroll actions, and keystrokes you make as well as receiving information from your operating system about whether you are active or not (useful for less “countable” activities). It also records to your Work Diary the name of the application you’re using and its active window at the time of the snapshot. The green bar under each screenshot of your Work Diary contains 10 boxes, one for each minute. If Upwork desktop app catches at least one of the above-mentioned activities it will color the box green for that minute. Antivirus software, firewalls, and system overloads can sometimes prevent the app from tracking your activity properly. If you believe this has happened you may need to white list the app in your antivirus software and firewall. You can also check your available RAM and CPU and if they are reaching their limits you can try to free up resources by closing other programs. Here's the help article for more information. 

You may also want to check the troubleshooting steps we have compiled here to help users if they are experiencing issues with the App. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths