🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Kindly help me to decide.
Page options
rajeev2424
Community Member

Kindly help me to decide.

I subscribed upwork about 3 months ago.
But I got just only one job.
I think it is concerned with my profile.
I have knowledge about both mobile and web ecommerce development.
Of course I know I have to be special not common to get job on Upwork.
At first I decided to focus on mobile development, but recently I am doubting my decision.
Most of my friends say it is better to focus on web development than mobile.
Could you share your own opinion to help me decide.

I have one more question.
In case I decide to focus on web development, am I allowed to change my profile?
Some of my friends say that changing profile is dangerous and in worst case it can cause account suspension.
Is this true?

Hope you kindly teach me what kind of behaviours I must avoid to keep work on here?

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
florydev
Community Member

Rajeev T wrote:

At first I decided to focus on mobile development, but recently I am doubting my decision.

In case I decide to focus on web development, am I allowed to change my profile?
Some of my friends say that changing profile is dangerous and in worst case it can cause account suspension.
Is this true?

Hope you kindly teach me what kind of behaviours I must avoid to keep work on here?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the dangerous profile changes thing.  I think your biggest worry is if you couldn't pass identity verification.  If you are who you say you are and can do what you say you can do then there is nothing to worry about.

As for what you should focus on...

You should focus on where you can bring the most value to a customer.  If it is one or the other or both then you should focus on one or the other or both.  If you want to be successful at this you have to present yourself as someone who solves client's problems so your profile should be about how you solve client's problems.

A lot of people want to choose something because their is a lot of demand and the fallacy in that is something that is in demand draws a lot of attention.  You should instead focus on what you are good at.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kat303
Community Member

Upwork has initiated specialized profile pages. You can set up your "general" profile page for mobile development and then create another profile page for web development. 

florydev
Community Member

Rajeev T wrote:

Is this true?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the dangerous profile changes thing.  I think your biggest worry is if you couldn't pass identity verification.  If you are who you say you are and can do what you say you can do then there is nothing to worry about.

As for what you should focus on...

You should focus on where you can bring the most value to a customer.  If it is one or the other or both then you should focus on one or the other or both.  If you want to be successful at this you have to present yourself as someone who solves client's problems so your profile should be about how you solve client's problems.

A lot of people want to choose something because their is a lot of demand and the fallacy in that is something that is in demand draws a lot of attention.  You should instead focus on what you are good at.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members