🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Knowing fraud clients
Page options
al_jovayer
Community Member

Knowing fraud clients

There are lots of ways you can know the fraud clients. Here are some factors that I check before applying.

1. Hiring Rate: Check the hiring rate of clients. Good clients hire for every job post. Apply job if a clients has at least 40% hiring rate. Lower than this is not good.

2. Number of Freelancers hire: Some clients take work in exchange of offering reviews. So, they hire different freelancers for the same work. A client doesn't need to hire different people for the same type of work. I have found some clients who hire lots of people for same task but they give 5-star reviews to all.  The work payment rate is lower for this type of work.

3. Unclear Job description: Hiring a serious task for any good organization. Most of renowned organizations have separate HR departments to hire manpower. But a fraud client writes unclear job description.

I may be wrong. Please let me know your opinion. I also consider other factors when applying a job description. If I get respnse from you, I will add more.

9 REPLIES 9
Community Member

Completely agree on 1 & 2. But on 3, I disagree because many clients do not have HR departments and even those that do sometimes post jobs that have defined end goals but no real plan to get there - part of the job is to actually plan the rest of the job. For those, I recommend caution, but I do not classify them as fraudulent. If the interview stage does not yield more clarity, then I think refusing the contract could be appropriate. Thoughts?

4745399f
Community Member

Your right,  and their payment method unverified, location also not standard.

What is a "not standard" location? Other than Antarctica. Genuinely curious.

👏👏👏😜

Sorry for my little English 😊

4745399f
Community Member

Location with redmark

I am still not clear about your location. What do you mean by ' Location with redmark' . Do Upwork show any redmark in the client profile?

Screenshot_20221103-045552_Google.jpg

I have not found this type of red sign to any client's information. Is there anyone who have this experience?

A client can post a preference for country or time zone of freelancer.  If you don't match, you can still apply but it will show a red check.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members