🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Krio language
Page options
rahmanbah
Community Member

Krio language

When I try to enter Krio as a language (language of Sierra Leone) it says it is not valid. How can I add it as a language in the language section?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahman, Kim and others,

We apologize for the reply. It was not an appropriate suggestion and the reply has been edited. We'll discuss it within the team to make sure it won't happen again.

I will also follow up on Goran's escalation to the team to make sure Rahman's suggestion to add Krio to the list of languages (and/or skills) is reviewed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rahman,

Unfortunately this language is currently not on our language list. 
Also, thank you for your feedback I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Krio is the primary language almost 90% of the people in the country of
Sierra Leone. I cannot just “pick another language similar to it.” That
would be like choosing Portuguese if you really speak Spanish.

I'd love to be able to make a comment that reflects what I think of Goran's response. It has truly taken my breath away. But I'd rather not be that rude. 

Rahman, Kim and others,

We apologize for the reply. It was not an appropriate suggestion and the reply has been edited. We'll discuss it within the team to make sure it won't happen again.

I will also follow up on Goran's escalation to the team to make sure Rahman's suggestion to add Krio to the list of languages (and/or skills) is reviewed.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria,
The language must be added to "languages", not "and / or skills"
It's not a skill of him, it's his language.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Rahman,

I'd like to circle back and provide an update that Krio has been added to the list of languages in profile setting. Feel free to include it in your profile.

We appreciate your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths