cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LFT to Philippines - BDO Withdrawal Issues

gelsc
Maria Angelica N Member Since: Apr 1, 2014
1 of 18
Hello, I am a new Odesk contractor and I'm experiencing delay in receiving my FIRST EVER payment withdrawal. I made the withdrawal last April 1 and Odesk confirmed that it has already been processed. They mentioned that the expected date of receipt would be April 7. But it's April 8 already and there is no fund transfer reflecting on my account. I already asked Odesk's customer service about this, they have been polite and accommodating. But I do not know who is at fault, if it's Odesk or BDO. Is there any BDO user here who has encountered the same problem? Any advice? I hope you do understand that for newbies like me, it gets frustrating to have this kind of experience. Thank you and I hope someone here could help me out.
gelsc
Maria Angelica N Member Since: Apr 1, 2014
2 of 18
I have already checked with BDO's customer service and as of this posting there is NO PENDING transaction on their end.
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
3 of 18
oDesk if not mistaken will start investigating non receipt of withdrawal after 10 days. Having said that, have you check your bank details of your BDO account with oDesk? card number entered instead of account number, your name may not match with your oDesk account name as your bank name? or the BRSTN no is might be different? this are some factors that will prevent you getting your money into your bank account. That be the case your money will revert back to your oDesk balance. How long? am so sure, depending on how fast oDesk could check what went wrong.
tinni_mari
Ava Tinni Mari C Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
4 of 18

Hi,

What if I entered my card number instead of account number, what will happen and how can I fix it?

Thanks

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 18

Hi Ava,

You should be able to edit your payment method in Settings > Get Paid. If you run into some issues, please contact Customer Support for additional assistance.

~ Valeria
Untitled
rauzclyde92
Kelvin Clyde O Member Since: Jul 24, 2015
6 of 18

My upwork is different from the bank account I'm using because it's my sisters bank account and I want to put my funds over her account for her tuition fees, will it have some error or would it let me withdraw the money or not?

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
7 of 18

Hi Kelvin, 

Your Upwork profile name should match the bank account you will setup in your profile. As such, you cannot use a bank account of a relative, a spouse, or a friend. You will be receiving an error, or you will not be allowed to withdraw if you do otherwise.

You can find more information on setting up your bank account for payment options here

Avery

-Avery
Untitled
73bb8600
Jairit B Member Since: Jan 2, 2016
8 of 18

Hello!

I just want to verify; we want to use the account number, not the card number. Right?

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
9 of 18

Jairit, it's the account number that you will have to use.

marananbea
Ace Contributor
Bea Patricia M Member Since: Dec 23, 2015
10 of 18

Hello! I'm planning to withdraw all the payments I've earned here on upwork for the very first time, and I'm worried that I might not be able to receive my money because of some 'rules' that I do not know. So now, I wanted to ask people who are more experienced than I am, what are the things I need to do before withdrawing all my money. Btw, I'm using LFT to Banco de Oro as my payment method.

There are also some questions that I need to verify:

1. Would there be any errors if I don't include my middle initial, which is 'G', on the account name?

2. What if I made any mistake, would there be any instance that I won't receive my money?

3. What is the best time for withdrawing money (philippine time)?

Please also tell me some other things that would help me receive my money successfully. Thank you so much!! Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS