cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Inactive Contract

Highlighted
Ashley S Member Since: Nov 11, 2017
1 of 5

Hello! I had a client back in January who wanted to leave our contract open for the possibility of more work later in February. However, I never heard back from the client and the contract is still open. In regards to JSS, is it better to leave the contract open until the client eventually closes it out or would it be better for me to close it out and receive no feedback from the client as far as a review? This job was my largest paying job on Upwork (not sure if that matters in regards to JSS) Thanks in advance- any information is appreciated! 

Highlighted
Ashley S Member Since: Nov 11, 2017
2 of 5

Forgot to add in, I have tried reaching out to the client various times. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 5

@Ashley S wrote:

Forgot to add in, I have tried reaching out to the client various times. 

Ashley, Renante is right. As you don't have a lot of closed contracts without feedback, you can close this one without harming your JSS.

A dormant contract that is not earning any money will eventually negatively impact your JSS. Your client can always open it again if they need you later.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
4 of 5

@Ashley S wrote:

In regards to JSS, is it better to leave the contract open until the client eventually closes it out or would it be better for me to close it out and receive no feedback from the client as far as a review? 

You rarely have No Feedback contracts so closing this contract (and receiving no feedback) won't have a negative effect (if at all) on your JSS.

As far as I know, only a series (pattern) of No Feedback contracts within a calculation window affects the JSS.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Madison R Member Since: May 19, 2018
BEST ANSWER
5 of 5

I have a 100% JSS and I've had an inactive contract since 2016 so I don't think leaving it open would affect anything. I've reached out to my client and never heard back, so for now I'm leaving it open.

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS