🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Last Name issue on upwork profile
Page options
sakshi7491
Community Member

Last Name issue on upwork profile

Hi all,

My Name is Sakshi and I am new on this platform. I completed my First job successfully on Upwork.

My issue is that on all my Id's my name is "Sakshi" but when i try to connect my bank account with Upwork it is asking about Last Name. In my bank and identity card my name is printed as just "Sakshi".

What will I do so that I can connect my bank account with Upwork account to withdraw my money?

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks in advance to all the community members.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sakshi,

Thanks for waiting patiently. You can use your formal salutation in the First Name field. The system would know you as Mr. or Mrs. Sakshi. To change your name go to Settings > Contact info and check the Account section. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sakshi,

Please bear with us as this may take a little time to get information since we’re waiting on a response from another team. We appreciate your patience and will update you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks I am waiting 

Hi Sakshi,

Thanks for waiting patiently. You can use your formal salutation in the First Name field. The system would know you as Mr. or Mrs. Sakshi. To change your name go to Settings > Contact info and check the Account section. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

I tried yesterday to change my name as Mrs. Sakshi on my upwork profile but it is denied by Upwork. I just requested them again to change my name. Can you please ask the moderators to accept my name as Mrs. Sakshi (I am Married) so that I can work continuously here.

Hi Sakshi,

I checked and it seems that your name change was already accepted. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander, I changed my name to Mrs. Sakshi after your suggestion. But today, I received a email from moderator saying I have to change my name again.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/30048148

Can you please confirm what should I do? I don't have last name in my any identity card.

I have verified all via Video call also. I worked on my profile very effortlessly and can't see my profile being suspended due to this. I have some amount also in my account. 
Please HELP.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sakshi,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. I'll go ahead and follow up with them handling this case so that they can reach out to you directly and further assist you with this concern.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths