🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Last Viewed By Client No Longer Available?
Page options
deknuri
Community Member

Last Viewed By Client No Longer Available?

RIght Now, I can't see 'Last Viewed By Client' in Job Posting Details?

Bug? or the feature gone?

Any News?Screenshot_302.png

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lysis10
Community Member

Sanja D wrote:

I see it - so you should probably try that UW mantra thingy - "clear cache..."

I guess it was just UW bug that showed up when the header was changed...not sure what this has to do with anything, lol - but both happened at the same time...

oh good, I can breathe and go back to zen mode. That stat is actually useful. ty ty for confirming.

eta: oooh I wonder if it only shows on some posts if the client has come back at least once to view the job. So, it doesn't show if the client creates the job and abandons the interface, but it shows if the client comes back later to view bids. Maybe that's why it only sometimes shows? I guess that would make sense.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
deknuri
Community Member

I can't see either in the job posting details,

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alfan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the link of the Job Post you're referring to. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can see the "Last viewed by client" both in posts I have applied and also in others I have not applied at all. In some other posts it doesn't appear, so I really don't know what the variables are.

tlsanders
Community Member

Maybe they took it away to cut down on the 2,378 forum posts per day reporting on the average amount of time that had passed since everyone's prospective clients looked at their jobs. 

Tiffany S wrote:

Maybe they took it away to cut down on the 2,378 forum posts per day reporting on the average amount of time that had passed since everyone's prospective clients looked at their jobs. 

Is that an accurate figure, I feel like someone should do an analysis...

I don't get what you mean...

Alfan N wrote:

I don't get what you mean...

They are being a bit tongue in cheek as the stat (last viewed by client) doesn't seem to add much value, however it leads to many questions in this forum regarding client engagement, etc.

so upwork disabled this feature?

Alfan N wrote:

That information I do not know.

florydev
Community Member

Alfan N wrote:

I still see it on jobs I proposed on but not on jobs I have not.  I would guess that they removed it.

Just another bullet point for those who like to list out everything Upwork has taken from them.

lysis10
Community Member

Great. Another useful feature that got taken away because of the losers and their stupid whining. That was actually useful. 

eta: actually come to think of it, this was probably taken away because of losers harassing clients when they are online or checking bids. god get rid of these people upwork.

dzadza
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Great. Another useful feature that got taken away because of the losers and their stupid whining. That was actually useful. 

eta: actually come to think of it, this was probably taken away because of losers harassing clients when they are online or checking bids. god get rid of these people upwork.

I guess it was just UW bug that showed up when the header was changed...not sure what this has to do with anything, lol - but both happened at the same time...

lysis10
Community Member

Sanja D wrote:

oh good, I can breathe and go back to zen mode. That stat is actually useful. ty ty for confirming.

eta: oooh I wonder if it only shows on some posts if the client has come back at least once to view the job. So, it doesn't show if the client creates the job and abandons the interface, but it shows if the client comes back later to view bids. Maybe that's why it only sometimes shows? I guess that would make sense.

dzadza
Community Member

lol - it is useful..

it's just depressing...

"last viewed by client 28 days ago"...

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

Sanja D wrote:

That does make sense because I went to my job feed and looked at new jobs...too much trouble to look at old ones.

I do find it useful although I am not sure it has ever worked out when I used it.

deknuri
Community Member

Thanks for the answer

Mark F wrote:

Alfan N wrote:

I still see it on jobs I proposed on but not on jobs I have not.  I would guess that they removed it.

Just another bullet point for those who like to list out everything Upwork has taken from them.

That seems backward to me. Knowing whether a job has effectively been abandoned is useful in deciding whether to bid, but once you've sent a proposal it's not useful for anything except wasting your time with obsessive monitoring.

dzadza
Community Member

this is totally weird - I just checked random job postings - and out of 10, I was able to see it on 6, but not on 4
is it possible that UW introduced  a new option for clients - so that they're able to hide it? I know it sounds crazy - but if it's a bug - how come it affects some postings and not the others?

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

The last viewed stat wasn't removed. However, now it'd only show for a job post that was viewed by the client AFTER it has been posted in the marketplace. Earlier our systems were recording the last view by the client as the same time when they posted the job and that information wasn't helpful. It's obvious, they viewed the job when they posted it. Now this timestamp will show when the client viewed their job after it was posted.

In other words, Jennifer was correct in her last post on this thread.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members