cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last active - what does it mean?

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 13

I've just checked out myself the way a client would and I see the system shows I was Last Active 9 (yes, Nine!) days ago. I don't understand this - I literally live on Upwork! (Of course unless I'm forcefully locked out like today...)

Someone pls translate for me the meaning of that Last Active in simple language Smiley Happy

Thank you!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
2 of 13

Not sure? Does it match up to your last job closed/feedback given? Maybe its linked to that?

Couldn't tell ya for sure, since I don't see anything like that on my profile when I click on the "View profile as others see it" link, and I'm not showing up in a search when I search for myself either lol. Guess that explains why I haven't been receiving any invitations to interview since mid/late August.

Highlighted
Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
3 of 13

Thanks, Dawn.

I see nothing I can relate with. If it's last communication, as recently as yesterday, I communicated with a client via Upwork. Jobs closed, it was long ago - beyond 9 days.

By the way, I've checked out myself the way a stranger would because I couldn't log onto the site myself - you know, like you go onto Upwork and Select Looking for Freelancer or something like that. Of course my name wasn't popping up until I specifically typed it in the Search space.

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 13

@MERCY N wrote:

Thanks, Dawn.

I see nothing I can relate with. If it's last communication, as recently as yesterday, I communicated with a client via Upwork. Jobs closed, it was long ago - beyond 9 days.

By the way, I've checked out myself the way a stranger would because I couldn't log onto the site myself - you know, like you go onto Upwork and Select Looking for Freelancer or something like that. Of course my name wasn't popping up until I specifically typed it in the Search space.

I doubt it would be linked to last communication on Upwork, since there's the "X days response time" feature on our profiles (at least that's what it shows on mine lol). What about the last time you've applied for a job - or maybe received an invitation? I could see how applying for a job could show your "activity level," so to speak.

I'll definitely have to try searching for myself using your method. The way I tried was by clicking the search box at the top, above all of our freelancer tabs, using the dropdown menu to switch to "search for freelancer" and typing my name in that way, but alas, I didn't show up lol. I figure it probably has to do with the lack of a JSS on my profile, even though I have an average star rating. Either that, or a bug lol.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
5 of 13

No. The freelancer search thingie with filters does not work, no matter what the mods tell you. Nor does it rotate, as CS tells you. In fact, I have reported this more than two months ago (the first time), and again, over a month ago on Vladimir's suggestion when I told him in another feed that it DOES NOT WORK the way they are saying it does. The answer, to date, is that the problem is complex in nature, and that there is NO TIMEFRAME given for when it is going to be fixed.

I have also suggested to them that they should tell the mods this so that their reply to freelancers posing this question is accurate. No idea whether they have or not.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 13

Hi Dawn,

I was able to find your profile searching by a couple of keywords from your title and after applying a few filters, such as subcategory, hourly rate and location.

We are currently working on collecting more information about what activity is counted in Last Active feature and will update the thread soon.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 13

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Dawn,

I was able to find your profile searching by a couple of keywords from your title and after applying a few filters, such as subcategory, hourly rate and location.

We are currently working on collecting more information about what activity is counted in Last Active feature and will update the thread soon.

Thanks Valeria. So why is it when I type in just my name into the search bar, no results appear? That would be the easiest thing for clients to do, at least when they're looking for a specific contractor that they have worked with before.. or when we refer clients we've met outside of Upwork and want to introduce them to this platform. You would think my name in the search bar would at least pull up some list (with me in it) lol.

Anyway, thanks for looking into this for me Valeria. I'l try using your suggestions to see if I show up for myself lol. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 13

Hi Dawn,

I just tried typing your name and last name initial in the freelancer search and your profile came up second in the list after another freelancer with the same name. If you type in your full last name, it may not work since it's hidden on your public profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
9 of 13

Unless it has changed (or the original thread I remember reading months ago was wrong), "activity" is based on 3 activities:

1. Billing hourly time

2. Completing a milestone

3. Bidding on a job

Of course, with all the lame changes, who knows. Needless to say, a Mod said the above in late March or April. Sorry, I can't find the thread.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
10 of 13

With regards to profile search and the different filters: Just received this update via CS.

there is currently no projected resolution date, you can expect an update once the fix is added to a future release.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS