cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last viewed by client 24 days ago

Highlighted
Aditya T Member Since: Jan 25, 2018
1 of 7

Hi, I am getting stuck by no show of clients. I am submitting proposals for the jobs that are most suited to my profile. It would be fair if client hire someone over me but thing is they are not hiring anyone and they didn't visit the job for almost a month and the proposal is still pending in my account so I can't apply to new jobs because there are too many pending proposals. Currently I have 8 submitted proposals and they are like this:

1. Mar 24, 2018 (Last viewed by client 23 days ago)

2. Mar 25, 2018 (Last viewed by client 22 days ago)

3. Mar 30, 2018 (Last viewed by client 18 days ago)

4. Apr 03, 2018 (Last viewed by client 13 days ago)

5. Apr 09, 2018 (Last viewed by client 9 days ago)

6. Apr 11, 2018 (Last viewed by client 6 days ago)

I am fed up with this situation. UpWork can you help me out here?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
2 of 7

Hi Aditya,

Connects are only returned when the job is cancelled by the client or Upwork team without a hire.While some clients take time to hire on their jobs and often come back to review candidates weeks after they posted a job, postings with no activity for more than 30 days are automatically closed. You can find more information here.

~Nina
Highlighted
3 of 7

Hi Nina,
I don't have any problem with connects. I have monthly subscription active on my account. The only thing I want to know that, is it fine if I continue to submit proposal even if I have too many pending proposals on my account. Will it impact on my job success score or to my account in any way?

Regards,

Aditya

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
4 of 7

Are you vetting all your clients before submitting proposals to see what their hire rate is and what their reviews are like?

Eight unanswered proposals isn't a lot. I don't think this is something you can really avoid, except by only submitting for projects where the client seems to have a solid response rate, making sure you'd be amazing for the job in specific ways (point these out to the client), and crafting a kick-a proposal. Even then some people just won't answer. It's the nature of the beast. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
5 of 7

Hi Melanie,

I glad you write however I review all the clients and only send proposals to potential ones with hire rate more than 70%. I think I really need to swing beast's mood. Smiley Tongue 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
6 of 7

@adornsoftwrote:

Hi Melanie,

I glad you write however I review all the clients and only send proposals to potential ones with hire rate more than 70%. I think I really need to swing beast's mood. Smiley Tongue 

Well then you're doing all you can do. Smiley Happy You will get some bites. There are so many freelancers. Sending 8 proposals and not getting answers really isn't that much, even though it feels frustrating. Keep on submitting, something will come through.

Highlighted
7 of 7

Thanks for such a provocate suggestion. I'll keep it going and hope more than something will come through. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS