cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Manual Time

clairie_m
Claire M Member Since: Sep 30, 2016
1 of 5

Last January 22, I exceeded my client's weekly limit but I forgot to add the manual time on the very same date. I added manual time two days after for January 22. I informed my client about it but now he's telling me that he got billed only for the weekly limit. He's asking me now if there is something he needs to do so that I will get paid for the extra time I worked.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
2 of 5

You do not get automatically paid for time over your weekly limit, regardless of whether you track it or enter it manually.

You can ask your client to pay for the "over the weekly limit" hours as a bonus, and maybe raise your limit to avoid the issue going forward.

View solution in original post

stencil_media
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
3 of 5

What Petra said, but he won't have been billed/invoiced/informed about it yet... as you submitted the hours during the current week, rather than last week.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
rascott
Regina S Member Since: Oct 9, 2017
4 of 5

One of my freelancers entered no time for last week here.  Can I enter late hours for payment?  Freelancer is aware now that upwork tracker must be used going forward.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 5

Hi Regina, 

You can enable manual time on your freelancer's work diary, and she can add the hours she worked last week to this week's work diary. This way, you will be automatically charged next Monday for the amount of work your freelancer logged this week. 

Alternatively, you can also give a bonus to your freelancer for last week's hours. 

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS