Did you mean: 

Lawless feedback policies?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
21 of 22

@Ilya S wrote:

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for your reply. The contract was ended on January 5th. This means that the feedback window should have ended on January 19th. I've checked on January 22nd, and there was no feedback from them. I've checked today and now there's a negative feedback, even though 19 days have passed. How is that possible? Seems like they have contacted someone on Upwork to post the feedback manually? This seems to be lawless, and I would like to have their feedback removed.

Nope, it doesn't work that way. There have been roughly 12,000 posts in the forums lately about how profile updates were being delayed by days, so presumably that's what happened in your case, as well. A lot of people have been noting that feedback was left but nonetheless didn't show up on their profiles for a few days, or that contract status wasn't updating.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 22

@Ilya S wrote:

1) The contract was ended on January 5th. This means that the feedback window should have ended on January 19th. I've checked on January 22nd, and there was no feedback from them. I've checked today and now there's a negative feedback, even though 19 days have passed. How is that possible?

2) Seems like they have contacted someone on Upwork to post the feedback manually?

3)This seems to be lawless,

4) and I would like to have their feedback removed.

1)  Where did you check? On your profile or on the contract?

The profile does not update immediately, it can be many days, in some cases weeks out. Feedback can be seen on the actual contract as soon as iboth parties have left feedback, but not on the profile

2) No. That categorically does not happen.

3) Which law in which jurisdiction in which country does it break?

4) If you are top rated you can use your perk to remove it. Otherwise the only way to remove the feedback is to issue a full refund. This would remove the contract from your profile, but its impact on your JSS will remain.

@Ilya S wrote:

I totally agree. People should not be rated on a "star" system, we're not a good/bad product.

Sorry, you as a person may not be a product, but the services you sell most certainly are.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS