🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Leave my country for study purpose
Page options
shantoctbpi
Community Member

Leave my country for study purpose

My name is Sajib Hosen **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I am a freelancer from Bangladesh. Also, I'm a student. The last few years Upwork give me strong financial support for continuing my study. I have completed my Diploma in Engineering already. After that, I got admitted to "- Technology Education and Research Integrated Institution for my B.tech in Civil Engineering Program. This institution is located in "**Edited for Community Guidelines**". So I need to go there to join the class.

"my question is: is it possible to use my account from INDIA? I will use my current laptop. I will bring it on there. Or let me know what is the process? I will use my current payment method also.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Can you use your Upwork account in India?

Yes. There are no technical constraints that would prevent you from doing so.

Upwork asks that users obey all applicable laws and regulations. But Upwork doesn't make those laws and regulations nor does Upwork tell users what they are.

If you have questions about the legality of working on Upwork while in India, you would need to consult with local authorities and experts. We have no way of providing authoritative answers about that.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Can you use your Upwork account in India?

Yes. There are no technical constraints that would prevent you from doing so.

Upwork asks that users obey all applicable laws and regulations. But Upwork doesn't make those laws and regulations nor does Upwork tell users what they are.

If you have questions about the legality of working on Upwork while in India, you would need to consult with local authorities and experts. We have no way of providing authoritative answers about that.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sajib,

If you are traveling and are away from your country of residence temporarily, you don’t need to update your location. If it does raise any flags on our end, the team will reach out to you directly. If however, you are going to be away for an extended period, such as moving some place, then you should make updates to your account location. Please make sure you have an appropriate visa type or permit to work in a country you are situated in and pay taxes accordingly. You may need to consult with a legal advisor about it.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members