cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Feedback and Freelancer Recommendations on Profiles?

Marci C Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
1 of 6

I think it would be helpful for us freelancers if our clients could leave feedback before they close out a project. For example, I have a client who has asked me to write 65 blog articles. I've only written 6 of them so far but he is really complimenting my work. I would love it if there was somewhere on my personal profile that he could leave a recommendation. It would help us freelancers stand out a bit more when people visit our profiles. 

Upwork wouldn't even have to score the recommendations as that might get a bit tricky but they could if it would be useful.

What do other freelancers think?

Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 6

Twice have I encountered clients who would not leave any public feedback.  But I appreciate it that they came back to hire me again for similar projects.

Travis S Member Since: Jul 24, 2018
3 of 6

Seems as though leaving a recommendation for freelancers is not streamlined to be given. All of my clients have left 5 star ratings and very nice comments but not a single one has ever left a recommendation though they wanted to. But didn't see where to. Being the freelancer that seems a bit odd. Seems like the automatic 90% job score setting when a client makes a job offer the system automatically choose a 90% job score requirement.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 6

Travis S wrote:

Seems as though leaving a recommendation for freelancers is not streamlined to be given. All of my clients have left 5 star ratings and very nice comments but not a single one has ever left a recommendation though they wanted to. But didn't see where to.

Of course they did. It is impossible to leave feedback without leaving public AND private feedback.

It is very odd that you don't have a JSS yet, how many (different) clients have you worked with?

There is no "recommendation" as such, where this is mentioned, it means the private feedback, part of which is the question how likely the client would be to recommend the freelancer to others.

Or what did you mean?

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
5 of 6

Image 2018-09-20 at 11.34.21 AM.png

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 6

Tonya P wrote:

Image 2018-09-20 at 11.34.21 AM.png

That's old, there are more now...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS