🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Leaving an open milestone
Page options
a_boussidan
Community Member

Leaving an open milestone

Hello Upwork community,

My client has opened and funded a milestone, however I was not available to handle the case **Edited for Community Guidelines** - this contract has been running for a year with cases coming in punctually.) It seems now he cannot close the milestone since it has already been funded. Can we leave the milestone open until a next case comes in? Or is there a more appropriate way to go about this? Also, will this affect my score in any way? Thank you in advance for your feedback and responses,

Armelle

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Armelle B wrote:

Thank you Petra !

What happens in the event there is no case coming in the next 60 days?

I forgot that you've already been paid under the contract, so nothing will happen until even later than that. But "something" has to happen before 90 days are up, otherwise the whole contract would be closed by Upwork. That "something" could be the client releasing a payment of $ 1.00 for example.

Alternatively, you could get the client to end the contract so they get their money back, and then rehire you when the next set of work comes in.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Armelle B wrote:

It seems now he cannot close the milestone since it has already been funded. Can we leave the milestone open until a next case comes in? 

As long as it doesn't stay open for more than 60 days, it's not an issue and won't have any negative effect on anything.

Thank you Petra !

Armelle B wrote:

Thank you Petra !

I forgot that you've already been paid under the contract, so nothing will happen until even later than that. But "something" has to happen before 90 days are up, otherwise the whole contract would be closed by Upwork. That "something" could be the client releasing a payment of $ 1.00 for example.

Alternatively, you could get the client to end the contract so they get their money back, and then rehire you when the next set of work comes in.

Thank you so much, good to know!

Have  great day 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members