cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less Jobs Invitation

Dechille Ann Q Member Since: May 19, 2013
1 of 7

Hello,

I just want to ask since the connects are effective working  and last months odesk had done some changes. I have noticed that i rarely received job invitations it's so sad because it's really help me to gain more earnings since most of the job invitations that came to me are fits to my skills and clients hired me even part times. But now almost 2 months  i only received two job invitation and this last job invitation i received are came from one of the Odesk recruiter and when i accept the invitation until now the client didn't contact me for further follow ups. I assume that since one of the recruiter in Odesk offer me with the job invitation client will consider my profile to be contacted after i accept it.

thanks! I really appreciate your answer.

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
2 of 7

I've had a dry spell for invitations as well. Then all of a sudden for no apparent reason last week, I got like 10 within 1 1/2 days. Then nothing again. I think there are some really bad algorithms in place.

I had a recruiter invite me as well, for a $5000 job. That new & unverified client never did hire anyone and stopped communicating after the first message.

They must have changed something in the algorithms, because I should be showing up in the 'recommended' freelancers that clients see after they post a new job. My profile comes up in the top 5 for several search keywords, I have a guarantee badge and a top rated banner. I even dropped my visible rate to reflect the lowest hourly rate I'll work for on a part-time basis.

Still.. no invitations anymore. When I do get them? They are new & unverified 'clients' who usually never hire anyone anyways. Or they want the world for the cost of a cup of coffee. Even so... those invites are next to never as well.

What happened to oDesk? It's a ghost town these day in my niche. Maybe others haven't experienced it in their niche, but it sure has changed for me.

I wish they would stop trying to change things by adding more features clutter, and just make the site work 1/2 decently for awhile. It always seems to be in a state of 'Beta Testing'.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 7

Tony 

Don't think the changing things is going to stop. Garnor annonced a new CEO yesterday in announcement and the new blog post spoke about continued changes. When I ask in the thread I got pointed to another blog post on changes. So I assume we are going to continue seeing changes.

As far as no job invites, I went through a period of nothing for a couple months when they first started making changes then all of a sudden I started getting invites again. Right now I am set to private as I no longer need more work, but I spent Dec. through Feb with I think 1 invite the entire couple months which I had been getting a lot of invites.

Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 7

Cheers to a new CEO, maybe a fresh perspective will turn things around.

Change is good, but I guess my feelings are that they take these new changes to about 70% complete, roll them out, and then move on to add more changes. It leaves the platform in limbo and never really 'good'... always full of potential. It's like they never really follow through

In the same way a client is responsible for the quality of their product or service (NOT the freelancer who did the work), I feel the oDesk CEO is directly reflective of the quality of the oDesk marketplace in general. 

There is an old saying which I forget the wording of exactly.... but essentially it says that if you want a view of the quality and organization of a business - look at the CEO's desk. If it's clean and organized, you can bet he company is too. If it's full of paper and (s)he's digging to find what they need, you can bet the company is reflective of that as well

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 7

I don't mind changes, but like you I wish they would at least make sure they are working right. There have been so many my head is swimming lol.. I am sure some of the issues with invites could be related to in my situation, the holidays, and right now tax season just finished. 

Clients have their minds on taxes and just finishing up, so hopefully it will improve for those looking, but I also contribute some of the issue to all the changes.

Lori D Member Since: Nov 16, 2014
6 of 7

I don't mind the job invites when I receive them and the majority come from oDesk Project Success Recruiters which is great...what frustrates me is when they send me invites to entry level positions and my profile clearly shows that I am not entry level. I got 8 entry level invites within 2 weeks. I love oDesk but that was kind of annoying! :-)

Rafal S Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
7 of 7

For me also cant get any invitations for the last 1-2 months. I dont know what is happening with oDesk - it was much better in previous years. It is so frustrating to have neither connects nor job. I am about switchng to other freelancer websites Smiley Sad

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS