🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Less Robotic Proposals
Page options
62281f9d
Community Member

Less Robotic Proposals

Hi - following one too many guidlines and the proposal seems a bit too robotic - tips?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
profngarcia
Community Member

To be efficient but stil feel personal I developed several cover letters that focus on my experience and skill set depending on the type of request I am responding to. So for example for academic work my cover letter offers information about my academic credentials, when it is about professional or technical writing the blurb highlights that. May seem less personal but it couples efficiency while still addressing the clients needs. It offers a good starting point hope this helps. Here is an example: 

My name is Nat Garcia. I am a professor of composition and rhetoric. I have also worked as a professional and technical writer and experienced editor/consultant for many businesses, individuals, and even some non-profit organization. Over the last 6 years, I have worked on hundreds of projects with many client across fields, disciplines, and industries. Each project offered me new insight, experience, and opportunities to utilize my skills and knowledge to craft the perfect works to aid my clients in achieving their goals. These projects varied in scope, depth, field, and genre. I have worked on everything from pitch decks and white papers to business plans or grant applications. In terms of academic work, I have worked on hundreds of dissertations, college application packs, personal statements, etc. As such, I am uniquely qualified for any kind of writing project from high stakes funding decks to life changing applications like grants or PhD candidacy. Any project is not too big or too small, the goal is the same, helping writers, thinkers, and leaders effectively communicate their mission, vision, and intentions to others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profngarcia
Community Member

To be efficient but stil feel personal I developed several cover letters that focus on my experience and skill set depending on the type of request I am responding to. So for example for academic work my cover letter offers information about my academic credentials, when it is about professional or technical writing the blurb highlights that. May seem less personal but it couples efficiency while still addressing the clients needs. It offers a good starting point hope this helps. Here is an example: 

My name is Nat Garcia. I am a professor of composition and rhetoric. I have also worked as a professional and technical writer and experienced editor/consultant for many businesses, individuals, and even some non-profit organization. Over the last 6 years, I have worked on hundreds of projects with many client across fields, disciplines, and industries. Each project offered me new insight, experience, and opportunities to utilize my skills and knowledge to craft the perfect works to aid my clients in achieving their goals. These projects varied in scope, depth, field, and genre. I have worked on everything from pitch decks and white papers to business plans or grant applications. In terms of academic work, I have worked on hundreds of dissertations, college application packs, personal statements, etc. As such, I am uniquely qualified for any kind of writing project from high stakes funding decks to life changing applications like grants or PhD candidacy. Any project is not too big or too small, the goal is the same, helping writers, thinkers, and leaders effectively communicate their mission, vision, and intentions to others.

Hi! Nat!

thank you what a great and detailed response. I think i do not include enoug previous experience in my proposals. This is very useful! thanks for sharing

Hi! No problem. Happy to share. Glad it was helpful. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members