🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Less job flow on Upwork these days
Page options
nitishbhardwaj80
Community Member

Less job flow on Upwork these days

These days the flow of job posting on Upwork is very less. 

Also, some of the clients that reply ask for CV/Resume OR proposal and once we send them, they say that they like it and want to proceed however they never come back again.

Please let me know that are you guys are also facing similar situation.

Love from India ❤️

12 REPLIES 12
bundie702
Community Member

I haven't had any difficulty getting work, but I will caution you not to include any contact information on the resume or CV you send to potential clients on Upwork, as you would do if you were applying to an actual employee position. Nothing but your name, education, experience, etc. If they want to contact you they should do it through Upwork.

dacash11
Community Member

Yes, Same for me... Since the 5th of April my job request has been dropped. iguess it is because of the competition.... if keep getting like this I dont know if it worth to spend money for Connections anymore

aman_rozyev
Community Member

Yeah, the last several months' Upwork job postings qty are really decreased and qty of responses to these postings increased.

I think that also caused the return of the proposal boost feature, which again requires additional money.

I think about trying with Fivver but, the competition is too high.

mana_07
Community Member

Yes after March, the number of job postings drastically fall down. I am from 3D field. Even the number of job posting that i see have so much low costing according to scope of project that the cost is not even half of what it should be. I hope this all will solve soon and we have work like we used to get on upwork. 

moonraker
Community Member

It'll pick up a bit next month. You should expect this week (and maybe next) to be dead because it's basically the last week(s) of summer for many millions of people.

Having said that, I reckon things are likely to remain quiter than usual overall, and I suspect things are going to become much worse before it gets better. I very much doubt Upwork can fix the mess humanity is in.

I think you are right. I observed this pattern last year as well.

this case, fall (season) is welcome. I have just lost a full time contract that had run for 7 months, and I get little proposals, while during the contract i had to turn down many attractive more than six months, 30+hours hourly contracts of the 'position' type, but now neither a fly poses in my profile.

miriam-ocampo
Community Member

same here, I have been getting jobs, hopefully, it will get better next month... not sure if too many people joined the platform or if it's a temporary issue... either way I'm spending a lot of money on connects and not getting anything... 

When there are millions of freelancers and not nearly that many jobs, the inevitable happens. Upwork continues the downward slide by allowing anything to set up a freelancer account. Gone are the checks, verifications, category limits, and qualification tests.

It is not a temporary issue and will remain a race to the bottom until Upwork realizes they aren't going to make much money from freelancers who never get a job but clog the system for the clients.

Upwork allowing anything to be a freelancer contributes more to the problem than anything else.

lucioric
Community Member

or, should it be that the pandemic caused a bubble of remote work and that broke in our face now...

b321645b
Community Member

I have also gotten less amount of jobs on Upwork. Nowadays Upwork is not like first when i started. 

spectralua
Community Member

Less? Is down to zero. I see an one real job for my knowleges daily. Before it was up to 50 daily. Clients gone. Only scammers and spammers left.

Jeanne is right, Upwork live last days if will continue to move in such way.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members