Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Less than $100 spent

maheshajwani
Community Guru
Mahesh A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
1 of 7

Hi, I just notice something 

on job Posts where clinets have unverified Payment  method it says Less than $100 spent, how can a clinet spent less than $100 when he/she does not even have a verified payment method? 

pay.JPG

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7

It is possible for a client to spend money, and then their "payment verification" status can slip from "verified" to "unverified" because a credit card they used is no longer viable.

It is also possible that "less than $100 spent" means that the client spent zero, and has never had their payment method verified.

maheshajwani
Community Guru
Mahesh A Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
3 of 7

I think it means 0 because its not just one job post. its on all the unverified job post. and if it means zero then it should say zero not less than &100.

Less than $100 could be anything from $1 to &99

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7

re: "if it mean zero then it should say zero"

I completely agree. Whoever made that decision... to display "zero" is "less than 100"... was being kind of ridiculous.

By the way, I have received "less than 4 Academy Awards."

evetodew
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
5 of 7

Smiley Very Happy While being negative ('less than') we're still on the positive side ('4  Academy Awards'). I love that! I think I'll start applying this marketing trick on clients.

'Hey, I've created less than 1000 logos'. 😄 The client will be mine!

karandrakis
Ace Contributor
Keri K Member Since: Jun 1, 2016
6 of 7

They are probably new and may not have verified their payment method yet. As the other posters said, "Less than 100" probably means 0. 

But what I wonder is why they need 40 freelancers for this particular job.

wtrabex
Ace Contributor
Winter T Member Since: May 11, 2016
7 of 7

@Keri K wrote:

They are probably new and may not have verified their payment method yet. As the other posters said, "Less than 100" probably means 0. 

But what I wonder is why they need 40 freelancers for this particular job.

Check cashing scam would be my guess. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS