Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Lesson learned. Thanks Upwork!

mlceron
Ace Contributor
Maria C Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
21 of 24

How did the client find out that you had reported him with Customer Service? 

I wonder because I once contacted CS to ask what to do with a new client who didn't have his payment method verified. The next day the client left me a really angry message, telling me that I was questioning his integrity, etc etc. I handled the issue in most professional manner I could, and everything turned out to be ok at the end. I finished the work, he left me a good review, but never hired me again, and end of the story. 

Anyway, how did the client find out? I never knew, but started to suspect that Upwork had sent him the chat transcript, which would be a disaster for any business relationship held under this platform. When you contact customer service to express concern about an specific client, does customer service send the client the chat transcription? Can any moderator clarify? 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
22 of 24

@Maria C wrote:

Anyway, how did the client find out? I never knew, but started to suspect that Upwork had sent him the chat transcript,

Absolutely not. Clients are never sent any chat transcripts of Upwork conversation with a freelancer any more than freelancers are sent chat transcripts of client conversations with Upwork.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
23 of 24

Hi Maria, 

I can confirm what Petra has shared - the team's handling account issues, reports, and tickets do not share chat transcripts when users report clients or freelancers for privacy issues.

~ Avery
Upwork
mlceron
Ace Contributor
Maria C Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
24 of 24

Good to know. Thanks Avery and Petra.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS