cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Libelous Review - Upwork Won't Help

Highlighted
Catherine C Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
21 of 29

Usually I wouldn't accept a job that seemed a little dodgy or was lacking in info, but as I said in the OP, I worked with this client on another job and although he was a little slow to respond, the experience was positive and I had no reason to suspect this second job would be the disaster it was.

Highlighted
Catherine C Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
22 of 29

He did fund the milestone, but because I felt the first draft needed a little extra information about the specific project, I sent it as an attachment rather than officially submitting it. I guess I was trying to be a good hire, letting him know that in my professional opinion, I had made it as good as it could be, but it would be better if he sent me some extra info.

Why do you suggest removing the URL?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
23 of 29

Good answer in your feedback. You only need to remove urls if the link gives personal contact information, as this is against Upwork's ToS. (I don't think yours do though).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
24 of 29
@Nichola/Catherine, I've asked a moderator about linking to sites in your profile. If the site has your contact info on any of its pages (which this one does), then you shouldn't link to it.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
25 of 29

Edited out: Apologies Isabelle - time for new glasses! Smiley Embarassed

Catherine you will be suspended unless you remove your website link.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
26 of 29

Catherine - Do NOT refund a single cent to this client. If you do that, you are teaching him and encouraging him to continue this stunt with any freelancer that he hires. It almost comes down to - you're paying HIM to do his work.

Almost everyone who loses a dispute will give a horrible 1 star review with false feedback. You could respond to his feedback with just a few lines. " Client has lose dispute through arbitration process and as clients usually do when this happens, is to vent his displeasure through a review as given above."

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
27 of 29
This widget could not be displayed.

Do not worry too much about that. It is obvious that this was a wicked client with a bad reputation.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Garrett M Member Since: Feb 13, 2015
28 of 29

You should respond to his feedback and state your case. In my experience this can be enough for you to get your foot in the door with future clients, which gives you the oppurtunity to prove that you are competent despite the negative review.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
29 of 29

Personally,  I think that a libelous review (with the YOU pronoun) reflects back on the character of the one making the review rather the person to whom the review is intended for.  I am fortunate that my clients give me balanced reviews.  At the end of the day, I will have to ask myself about the quality of relationships that I've been forming in the marketplace.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS