🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Libra and Upwork?
Page options
kudinov_m
Community Member

Libra and Upwork?

Would the Upwork participate in the **Edited for Community Guidelines** Association? Any plans to add new withdrawal method type? Any other thoughts about Libra?

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Maxim,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our product managers.

Our team is always looking for new payment methods and how freelancers can withdraw their funds safer. 

Once we have any news about adding another payment method we will post it on our Announcement Board. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
versailles
Community Member

Maxim K wrote:

Any other thoughts about Libra?

You mean the currency that will be managed by Facebook? The company which gathers and sells data from people, jails them on its private web platform and messes up with elections?

I hope this will never happen.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

Rene, exactly.

But if a person has nothing to hide and is completely legal then Libra is the way to make international withdrawals much much less expensive.

Maxim K wrote:

Rene, exactly.

But if a person has nothing to hide and is completely legal then Libra is the way to make international withdrawals much much less expensive.

In all the years I have been on Upwork (8? 9?) they have not added one new withdrawal method (except Mpesa for Nigeria), and removed at least one (Skrill.)

So I very much doubt there will be much change any time soon.

reinierb
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Maxim K wrote:

Rene, exactly.

In all the years I have been on Upwork (8? 9?) they have not added one new withdrawal method (except Mpesa for Nigeria), and removed at least one (Skrill.)

So I very much doubt there will be much change any time soon.

...which is a good thing, since "Edited for Community Guidelines" is the very last organization anyone should trust with anything. 

This was a Libra website link deleted by a moderator 🙂

Well it depends on our demand. As we say in Russia "a hope dies last". I
guess there was a positive example of how Upwork helped Russian and
Ukrainian freelancers to get the documents to fit the federal tax service
demands. So if the demand would be high it could be satisfied.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members