🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Lifetime billed
Page options
fa5bceab
Community Member

Lifetime billed

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and I don't quite understand the "Billings & Earnings" section and the "Lifetime Billed" section.
I am currently doing my contract and it is in progress, as far as I understand, they will pay me weekly. Why do I have no money in the "Billings & Earnings" section while the amount they paid is seen in the "Lifetime Billed" section? So what does that mean? When will the money paid by the customer actually belong to me? Please enlighten me thank you...

5 REPLIES 5
bilsim
Community Member

When they review and approve the work that you did, they will release the payment and it will then reflect in your "Billings & Earnings" section.

Or if they don't react to your supplied work at all, then the payment will be automatically released to you in 7-14 days depending on the type of contract you have. 

153fc753
Community Member

hi Biljana so my client Approved the payment for the milestones but is not reflected yet is this normal can you elberate Screenshot 2022-11-04 at 16-12-22 Billings & Earnings.pngScreenshot 2022-11-04 at 16-12-14 Billings & Earnings.pngInkedScreenshot 2022-11-04 at 16-09-24 Messages.jpg

rverang
Community Member

Geralden T wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie and I don't quite understand the "Billings & Earnings" section and the "Lifetime Billed" section.
I am currently doing my contract and it is in progress, as far as I understand, they will pay me weekly. Why do I have no money in the "Billings & Earnings" section while the amount they paid is seen in the "Lifetime Billed" section? So what does that mean? When will the money paid by the customer actually belong to me? Please enlighten me thank you...

I see you have an hourly contract. It's best to familiarize yourself with how the Weekly Billing Cycle works.

95f16243
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem, may I ask how you solved this?

Billings are different from earnings. If your funds are "in review", then they are not yet earnings. The funds have been billed to your Client, but they have not yet been released to you. The difference will be apparent once your funds are released to you, because the amount displayed in the "Billings & Earnings" section will be after Upwork's fee and any applicable taxes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members