Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ligit Client

rosel ann m Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
1 of 7

Hi, i am new in upwork.

How i can be sure that client is ligit? 

He asked for my CV and i just sent it then he reply me back that i am hired with attached employment contract.

He mentioned the payment rate/amount.  He asked me how i can get paid. His payment method is not yet verified in upwork. 

Much appreciated if someone can share your thoughts and advise please. Thank you

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 7

Payments outside Upwork will get you removed from the Upwork platform. Plus, scammers use that method to avoid paying. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 of 7

Hi Tonya, 

Thank you for your prompt response on my post.

Taking the oppurtunity to ask, how i can be sure of that a client is a ligit. 

Also, he mentioned on his email for the duties to work on, receiving mails and letters from his client and other PA works. Sending employment contract is one of scam client tricks or so called to trust them and feel that they are worth to trust? 

Highlighted
4 of 7

and by the way how is the payment method in upwork? may i know please.

thank you very much

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 7

Hi rosel ann,

This is not a legitimate offer or behaviour, as the contract needs to be awarded to you and set up on Upwork, and payments need to be managed through the Upwork platform. Since you communicated with the client off Upwork, please take a screenshot of your conversation and report the client directly to Customer Support. Make sure not to start working unless you have an active contract on Upwork, use Upwork Protection Programs and only accept to get paid through the platform.

To help you work safely on Upwork, please have a look at tips and warning signs shared in this thread and our Trust & Safety FAQ.

You can find valuable information in the Getting Started as a Freelancer section of the Help Center and our Freelancer Guide. I also suggest watching our educational videos and reading the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
6 of 7

It is possible (but rare) that a client would send you a separate contract outside of Upwork. But, they still need to have a contract with you through UPwork and all payment must go through UPwork.

Highlighted
7 of 7

Thank you so much Vladimir.

I will report now to customer support.

Regards,

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS