Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit of manual hours.

khanlaiq
Ace Contributor
Laiq K Member Since: Apr 25, 2011
1 of 8

Hi All,

Is there any limit of manual hours for a contract and may I face any problem with manual hours? I am entering manual hours after approval of my clients. But I want to ask that, is there any problem if I enter 30+ manual hours for a single contract in a week and then 20+ in next week? 

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 8

Laiq, every hourly contract I've worked on had a limit for the number of hours per week. It doesn't matter if the hours are manual or recorded by Upwork app or a combination of both, it's the total hours worked that cannot exceed the amount permitted by the client.

Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
3 of 8

Hi Laiq,

The limit of manual hours is most likely the maximum specified in the contract.

Yes, you may face problems because Hourly Protection for Freelancers is not available for manual hours.

For more information, please use this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068288-Hourly-Protection-for-Freelancers

"Certa bonum certamen"
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 8

Hi Laiq,

The limit on Hourly jobs is set by your client, and you can check if the limit was set by looking at the contract details. Please note that Upwork Hourly Protection doesn't cover manual time.

Untitled
khanlaiq
Ace Contributor
5 of 8

Thank you all for the guidance. I am sorry because I was not clear in my question. 

I know that hourly limit is set by client for each contract. My concern is If I add several manual hours with permission of my client (within the weekly hours limit) , and I add manual hours every week, will I face any problem from upwork that why I am adding so much manual hours? I fully trust my client and never had any payment issue with him.

Just want to know if upwork has any limit of manual hours? And one additional question, will these manual hours be added in my total hours worked?

qqsolutions
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
6 of 8

Upwork has no issue how many manual hours you are going to add remaining in client's set limits.

2. Yes, manual hours PAID will also added into your total hours.

khanlaiq
Ace Contributor
7 of 8

Thank you so much.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
8 of 8

Hi Laiq,

As Muhammad Saif mentioned above, as long as your client and you discuss and agree on the payment model that fits both of you, you shouldn't have any issues with adding manual hours on the contract. A lot of freelancers choose manual time as their primary way of billing clients they trust.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS