cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limiting time limit of a job posting

Umair H Member Since: May 29, 2015
1 of 7

Hello Up work team,

I have a suggestion regarding job posting by clients. It would be excellent to limit every job posting to maximum 15 days. If within 15 days the clients failes to hire some one the job will expire immediately. This will protect the free lancers from wasting their connects and clients will be oliged by to take positive and serious efforts towards hiring. 

Regards,

Umair

Highlighted
Community Guru
James S Member Since: Mar 20, 2015
2 of 7

I remember someone mentioning it on one of the webinars about a 30 day expiration, but they said that's not going to happen. Although, I do like the 14 days better.

I have 2 applications that are over 2 weeks old and 1 over a month now.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 7

Hi Umair,

Thank you for your suggestion. It takes more time for some clients to consider aplicants and make a choice, that's why we do not limit how long job postings stay open during the selection process. Job postings do automatically close after 30 days of inactivity though.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 7

Hi Valeria,

Are you sure? This was just taken: 

job-apps.jpg

Also what constitute 30 days of "inactivity"? For example If a client visits the job 10 days ago, yet it was posted 30 days, does that make the job "active" again? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mr M Member Since: Apr 27, 2013
5 of 7

So why you guys dont understand that the connect system is linked with ( $$$ ) Memberships ....

If they do this and close the jobs after 15 or 14 days then 50% of job will be closed.

Then what is the purpose of bringing the connects system?

Upwork Needs to earn Some more $$$.

"One thing I know, that I know nothing. This is the source of my wisdom"
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi James,

Such actions as inviting candidates to apply for a job or editing it would keep a posting open for longer than 30 days. I suspect the posting you are referring to in your comment is open for one of those reasons.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 7

Thank you for the explainantion Valeria!  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS