🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Link Workana account in my profile
Page options
6c128646
Community Member

Link Workana account in my profile

Can I link one account on other site of freelancing to give more trustable to my profile?

Haven't any contact information there.

Here is the **Edited for Community Guidelines** if someone need to check.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'm confused.

You do seem to understand that all these freelance sites are competitors.

Yet, you'd like to advertise one of Upwork's competitors.

Where are you getting at actually?

If you're hoping your achievements on another platform would somehow help you gain good clients here, I'm thinking it would have the exact opposite effect.

Those best types of clients who really like THIS platform would probably avoid you like a plague.

So, again, what do you hope to achieve with this?

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hi Leandro,

I would like to let you know that that there isn’t a way to link these accounts and I would advise you against adding links to sites that would enable a user to contact you on another website or platform.

Additionally, please make sure to check this help article for more information. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
6c128646
Community Member

Can I link at least that screenshot? Have no contact informations, you can check.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Leandro, please refrain from sharing information on your profile that would enable a user to contact you on another website or platform.

~Andrea
Upwork
6c128646
Community Member

But haven't any contact information there, not even a link to this page. Is only the screenshot...

It doesn't matter if you have contact information on there or not, Upwork doesn't want you to advertise a competitor's website on their platform. Why is that so difficult to understand?

As I could see, no one tell me that I cant' link the screenshot because a competitor's plataform and yes because has contact information there. Maybe is that the explanation of being difficult to understand.

**Edited for community guidelines**

I'm confused.

You do seem to understand that all these freelance sites are competitors.

Yet, you'd like to advertise one of Upwork's competitors.

Where are you getting at actually?

If you're hoping your achievements on another platform would somehow help you gain good clients here, I'm thinking it would have the exact opposite effect.

Those best types of clients who really like THIS platform would probably avoid you like a plague.

So, again, what do you hope to achieve with this?

The ideia was exacly that. I don't have any projects here yet, so in my mind show to clients that I have a good reputation in other platafform would help me to give then more safety.

Of all these answers, only you really stop what are you doing to answer me for real.

I really appreciate your attention and humility Mikko, have a great weekend.

Thank you for your kind words, Leandro.

I'm known to address the root cause problem whenever I can. 😉

What you should probably do, is to:

- Contact your old clients and politely ask if getting a testimonial is OK.

- Send a testimonial request from Upwork.

- Double-check that the testimonial doesn't include any mention of other freelance sites. It's all about your skills anyway.

- Accept the testimonials.

All the best with getting your first gig and welcome to Upwork! 😀
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members