🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Link auto removed in proposal?
Page options
freshter007
Community Member

Link auto removed in proposal?

Hi, I am new in this platform, registered since January 2021.

Since my first debut, I prepare links to be placed in my proposal to direct my future client to be able to visit my sample work, showreel, portfolio or my youtube channel. At first I use bit.ly since they can track the number of clicks and demographic stats. I use this method to see wheter I need improvement in the quality of my proposal or not by clicking stats.

Just a week ago, everything seems wrong. I can't see any changes. At first, I thougt bit.ly detected as malicious link (maybe) by upwork's system and I decide to change it to rebrandly which have a similar ability as bit.ly.

Even after I change it, still there is no improvement and I can not see any single person click or visit the link  to my youtube channel, even after I spend about 70 connects to apply dozens of job posts.

Just a moment ago, I see a job post and see "(link removed)" and thougt upwork now forbid people to share link(s) in job bidding process but in some case I still can see a job post with link in the job post such as google drive, loom, onedrive, etc.

If upwork limit particular link in job bidding process, I need a clearer information which link allowed and disallowed?

This is quite a problem for freelancers sincewe can not showing our competence outside upwork platform such as youtube channel, portfolio in wix.com / daddy.com, etc.

I highly appriciate if anyone can answer my struggle and really need a feedback regarding this matter.

Best regards,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi Freshman,

You can learn more about what information is ok to share here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lysis10
Community Member

I wouldn't use a shortlink. They are risky for people to click. Best to just link directly. It wouldn't surprise me if Upwork removed them.

AndreaG

Hi Freshman,

You can learn more about what information is ok to share here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your respond.

I will use longer direct youtube link instead, rater than 3rd party shortener link.

Thank you!

Thank you for the response, Andrea. But the article you referred to doesn't answer the question about shortened links usage. I put a link to my work examples on github to my proposals. I want to use shortened links to gather statics about how often potential clients visit it. Please clarify if such links are allowed or not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members