🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Link to portfolio itens
Page options
1dc652a3
Community Member

Link to portfolio itens

Why is so hard to let us copy paste specific portfolio itens? We could just paste Upwork portfolio itens on our proposals instead of having to attach files again and again every time!

Or better. Let us just choose from a list the portfolio itens we want show on our proposals.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kkears
Community Member

Hey Rodrigo -- You actually can send an outside link if it's for the purpose of showing your portfolio. I include a link to my website portfolio in every job I submit a proposal for.

Take a look at this article; expand the "Porfolio Contents" section: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049608113-Sharing-Information-on-Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Rodrigo, consider creating a PDF and attach as needed. Think in terms of creating a Portfolio PDF. I have created a 34 page PDF showcasing my Marketing and Sales skills and my Clients love it. Have a great day!

Hello William! In my case i work with 3D modeling and animation, and the clients always ask about specific portfolios. If someone wants a 3d card, they want we show just a previous 3d card work. I could paste links from specific itens of my Artstation portfolio, but i will not do this and i know this is against Upwork TOS.

I also see some clients that say in job post that they will not even read our proposal in case we attach more than 3 files... 
But things could be too much better with a simple function to let us copy specific Upwork portfolios itens to use in our proposals

I believe who works with 3d and Graphic Design will always need to attach files. I have a lot of MP4 videos to showcase. They are already on my Upwork portfolio, and i still need attach it on my proposals

In the case where a PDF file doesn't work, I place a link back to my Upwork Profile in my cover letter and tell clients to click on my Upwork Portfolio. This works just as effectively.

kkears
Community Member

Hey Rodrigo -- You actually can send an outside link if it's for the purpose of showing your portfolio. I include a link to my website portfolio in every job I submit a proposal for.

Take a look at this article; expand the "Porfolio Contents" section: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049608113-Sharing-Information-on-Upwork

1dc652a3
Community Member

Thank you so much! Did not know this. So i will start providing links instead of just proposal text and attachments.

But the suggestion still here for Upwork to implement it and let us just choose specific Upwork portfolios itens

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members