🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Linked my brother's payoneer to withdraw fund...
Page options
5ead8887
Community Member

Linked my brother's payoneer to withdraw funds.

I have been using my brother's payoneer to withdraw funds for 2-3 months. I recently got a message on Upwork "Some of your services are temporarily on hold" and an option to verify the payoneer account by providing my brother's Govt ID card. After some quick searches I found that it is actually illegal to link someone else's Payoneer and my account could get suspended from it. I quickly unlinked my brother's account but the message hasn't gone away, I have attached it below. 

Any help would be appreciated.

upwork.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I have been using my brother's payoneer to withdraw funds for 2-3 months. I recently got a message on Upwork 'Some of your services are temporarily on hold'"

Yes.

That is to be expected.

Upwork users need to use their real, legal name, as it appears on their government-issued ID.

That same name should appear in all 3 places:

- ID (e.g., driver's license, passport, etc.)

- Upwork freelancer name

- Name of account holder on payment withdrawal method

re: "I found that it is actually illegal to link someone else's Payoneer and my account could get suspended from it."

We do not wan to use the word "illegal" in this context. We want to say that it is "not allowed." Or we could say "it is a violation of Upwork ToS."

Yes I understand now it was a violation of Upwork ToS and I immediately delinked my payment method. I wanted to know what steps should I take now to get my services back running again?

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, you'll still need to complete the verification request on your account. Please upload your documents and the team will reach out to you directly if there is further clarification needed from your end.

~Andrea
Upwork
5ead8887
Community Member

The verification request is asking for documents of my brother's payoneer account which I delinked after finding that I cannot use it.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5ead8887
Community Member

Hi Andrea, 
How can I upload my documents when the verification request is asking for my brother's documents?

e14f02c9
Community Member

I am facing the issue please anyone can help me !!! 

Hi Zahir,

I don't see any limitations on your account. To clarify, your payment method must match your name on Upwork. You must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account. If there's any mismatch, you will be required to complete a verification process to validate this. Feel free to check out this article to learn more. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members