cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linkedin message problem

Mehmet T Member Since: Dec 29, 2013
1 of 10
I am having problem with Linkedin messages. Some of people which i work at Odesk started to use linkedin. Linkedin sends me invites, messages over Odesk. I get these messages at Odesk. It says i must to click to unsubsribe but there is no link to click. 1 of my staff send me 28 messages. 16 messages in 1 day and 12 messages at second day. This is really disturbing. I am not going to be a part of Linkedin. I don't want to get these messages. Please help me to get out of these messages!
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
2 of 10
I've been getting those as well. The strange thing is that I am already connected to the person who the connect request is coming from. I emailed him and asked if he had been hacked (particularly since when I go to LinkedIn, I don't see any messages from him). He said he wasn't and that it was just LinkedIn's reminder service but it still strikes me as strange given that we are already connected.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 10
Go to your profile, Click "Edit", Scroll to the bottom and make sure you don't have it linked to your account. That should take care of it.
4 of 10
Hi Suzanne I'm sure that i didn't linked it to my account. Here is a screenshot of my authorized applications : http://prntscr.com/4n7pj1 I didn't gave authorization to any of these social accounts.
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
5 of 10
Guess you write to the wonderful support we have and let them tell you what they think. Your screenshot says you have Odesk Mobile Web Enabled. Couldn't hurt to try and disable it and see if that fixes your problem.
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 10
Hi all, I am sorry to hear about this issue with Linkedin sending multiple notifications to you. The reason for it might be that once users open their address book to Linkedin they explicitly allow Linkedin to send an invitation and reminders to every email address stored in that email address book. You may proceed to their community for more information about how to remove the invitations. I hope it helps.
~ Valeria
Untitled
7 of 10
Hello Valeria This way, i must to contact to sender to not to send these messages. The main problem here is Odesk allows another third party to send messages over them. This is not good. This is disturbing and Odesk shouldn't allow this to be done to it's customers.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
8 of 10
This is why I never connected my LinkedIn account to oDesk. You have to tick that box saying you allow access to contacts. I'm not going to ruin my relationship with LinkedIn clients by letting oDesk spam them.
9 of 10
I think you misunderstood the problem. Odesk users are getting spammed by Linkedin.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
10 of 10
I know. I thought it might work both ways, though.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS