🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Linking to Upwork and using Upwork logo
Page options
soltovar
Community Member

Linking to Upwork and using Upwork logo

I have done my research, and found out that we can link to our Upwork profile, but we cannot use Upwork's logo to do so. My question is the following:
Considering that today's social media is very image-centered, and that social buttons in portfolios are the to-go way to share our profiles in different platforms, why is there such prohibition to use Upwork's logo?

It would be great  for those of use who like working on the platform, because of the safety that it brings, to link to it in a stylish way.

All this being said, I also wonder what's the stance on us doing our own "logo design" for our porfolios, in order to have a button that says "upwork", reminisces Upwork's logo, but isn't -in fact- the logo. Would that also be a violation? For example, using a white square with the word "upwork" in a font that is similar to the one in the logo, but not the same, "up" in green and "work" in gray to link to our profiles. Would that be accepted?

Cheers!

1 REPLY 1
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sol,

Unfortunately, you won't be able to use Upwork logo unless you've been granted an official permission. Please, refer to this section of the ToS for more information.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members