Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

Links in Job offers

I see more and more links in job offers for additional info, even worse: Google docs where I have to log in with my Google Account. If I would see that the link leads to a company's website I would make use of the link but not in other cases and especially I abstain from logging into a Google account of an unknown client.

4 REPLIES 4
jsutherland

@Margarete M wrote:

I see more and more links in job offers for additional info, even worse: Google docs where I have to log in with my Google Account. If I would see that the link leads to a company's website I would make use of the link but not in other cases and especially I abstain from logging into a Google account of an unknown client.

I have no problem with this. What exactly is the issue?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Jean S wrote:

@Margarete M wrote:

I am afraid that my personal data are compromised. 

@Margarete M wrote:

@Jean S wrote:

@Margarete M wrote:

I am afraid that my personal data are compromised. 

That's a stretch. 

For goodness sake it's google. Just how would someone get your data?

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Margarete,

Clients can include attachments or links to their job posts if needed, and a lot of them do to provide additional information or examples. That being said, it's not allowed to share contact information or links that contain contact information or forms in the job posting. If any links you see on a job post look suspicious, please flag that post so the team can check it.

~ Valeria
Upwork