🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Links in profiles.
Page options
m_terrazas
Community Member

Links in profiles.

A very specific question:
Is it allowed to have a link to your portfolio and / or other freelance portals in your title, description or presentation video?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Amanda,

Yes, that would be allowed. We are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. It is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork. For more information, please check out the drop down section with questions in this help article.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
NikolaS

Hi Maria,

While we’re not prohibiting sharing links to personal portfolios and websites with examples of past work, sharing links to other websites and platforms where a freelancer can be directly hired on a contract isn’t allowed.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Nikola S wrote:

Hi Maria,

While we’re not prohibiting sharing links to personal portfolios and websites with examples of past work, sharing links to other websites and platforms where a freelancer can be directly hired on a contract isn’t allowed.

Nikola, the question is very specific and the answer is vague.
Can you answer yes or no to what I have asked you?
Links to websites, external portfolios and other portals in the title, portfolio, description and video presentation in the profile (not in the proposals). Is allowed?

Hi Maria,

Nikola has already logged out for the day but I'd like to reiterate information he's shared. Links to personal portfolios and websites that showcase examples of past work are allowed. Links to other freelancing websites where the freelancer can be hired on a contract directly are not allowed. This applies to both profiles and proposals.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, my personal website has a contact form. Does that exclude it from the allowable links? It's not a freelancing website, it's my business website. I was actually told some months ago on the Agency subforum that it was acceptable to list it in my Agency profile but it made me too nervous so I did not.

Hi Amanda,

Yes, that would be allowed. We are not prohibiting the sharing of external links to personal portfolios or other websites that provide examples of past work. We recognize that some of these links might include contact information and ways to identify and contact you outside of the Upwork platform. It is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork. For more information, please check out the drop down section with questions in this help article.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hello Valeria, 

Can i add my Pinterest account as a portfolio?? Please guide me I'm confused and scared about it. 

Hi Umme,

Thank you for reaching out to us. As long as it does not contain any contact information, you can add it. You may also check this guide on how you can enhance your profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

Valeria K wrote:

Hi Maria,

Nikola has already logged out for the day but I'd like to reiterate information he's shared. Links to personal portfolios and websites that showcase examples of past work are allowed. Links to other freelancing websites where the freelancer can be hired on a contract directly are not allowed. This applies to both profiles and proposals.

Thanks Valeria.
I always thought I was against TOS linking to external portfolios.
So can I put the link to my portfolio in DOMESTIKA in my presentation without problem?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members