🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Links to a Proposal doc in place of a written...
Page options
77057df4
Community Member

Links to a Proposal doc in place of a written proposal on upwork platform

I was wondering if somebody could answer my question about this topic. I am curious if it is appropriate/professional to simply leave a link that leads to a document that is created in ms word, rather than writing out a proposal using the word processor in the proposal text box on the Upwork platform? Sometimes I would prefer the formatting of a specific template availible in ms word, so i just wanted to see if there were any insights regarding this method. 

Thanks!

Nicole S.

Upwork User

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can include link/s to your proposal as long as they do not contain any contact information. I would also suggest that you carefully apply this approach as not all clients may look into external links especially if they receive lots of proposals for their listing.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

Nicole S wrote:

I was wondering if somebody could answer my question about this topic. I am curious if it is appropriate/professional to simply leave a link that leads to a document that is created in ms word, rather than writing out a proposal using the word processor in the proposal text box on the Upwork platform? Sometimes I would prefer the formatting of a specific template availible in ms word, so i just wanted to see if there were any insights regarding this method. 

Thanks!

Nicole S.

I think this would probably be against the rules and regs simply because all communication must be on Upwork and no contact details can be exchanged until you have a formal Upwork contract in place.  

Also clients only see the first three lines of a proposal before reading the rest (if they do).  So this is important real estate.  I'm not sure how many clients would take the time to click on a link, particularly if they didn't know what they were likely to open. 

Thank you for your insight, your reply was very helpful. I didn't consider that the potential client can only see the first 3 lines of the proposal. I think I'll just stick to what I've been doing to be sure that 1) I'm not risking my ability to use the platform, and 2) That I'm making it easy for the potential cllient to read my proposal.

759e32fa

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You can include link/s to your proposal as long as they do not contain any contact information. I would also suggest that you carefully apply this approach as not all clients may look into external links especially if they receive lots of proposals for their listing.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members