nikkie_a

Liscense for Work

Hi,

Can you help me decide if I'm going to pursue the job offered by a potential client? It's a data entry job but after knowing their pre condition I'm now reluctant to accept it. For some reason they're asking for a $24 license fee to work with them. They call it license to work in their country set for foreign workers. Can someone help me to confirm if there is such policy running in some country particularly in Bosnia and Herzegovina? Thanks!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikkie,

This job is indeed a scam, I've asked our team to take appropriate action. You should never pay in order to be hired or start working on a job. Please review these safety tips, which will help you avoid questionable jobs going forward.

Untitled

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Nikkie A wrote:
Hi,

Can you help me decide if I'm going to pursue the job offered by a potential client? It's a data entry job but after knowing their pre condition I'm now reluctant to accept it. For some reason they're asking for a $24 license fee to work with them. They call it license to work in their country set for foreign workers. Can someone help me to confirm if there is such policy running in some country particularly in Bosnia and Herzegovina? Thanks!

This is fraud. Stop communicating with the "client" and report him.

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikkie,

This job is indeed a scam, I've asked our team to take appropriate action. You should never pay in order to be hired or start working on a job. Please review these safety tips, which will help you avoid questionable jobs going forward.

Untitled
nikkie_a

Hi All, 

Thank you so much for the heads up! I also find out the same scenario from other freelancer from the same client and was reported back in 2015 as well. I'm going to report it as per advise.