rohanharikr

Live chat and call option missing?

Hello fellow freelancers!

I just became Top Rated on Upwork a couple of days back. 

I could see the live chat and call option in

the Upwork Help Center (support.upwork.com) page then.

But now, when I check the Upwork support page again, these

two options were missing. Please help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rohan,

You should be able to use the Help Center link I highlighted on the screenshot below to find answers to your questions and contact support:

Screenshot_10.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter

The availability of chat and phone support is dynamically allocated based on available resources and various factors associated with individual users.

These methods of providing support are expensive and resource-intensive.

You should not desire to use chat or phone support. Help desk tickets created through typing/messaging are sufficient.

Personally. I don't even use Customer Support. I believe that successful, serious-minded freelancers do not use it or avoid using it, preferring to use the Upwork interface and available information resources to solve their problems on their own.

@Preston H wrote:

The availability of chat and phone support is dynamically allocated based on available resources and various factors associated with individual users.

Certain categories of freelancers, top rated included, are entitled to phone and chat support. 

Whether you personally use it or not is completely irrelevant, and the statement that " no serious minded successful freelancers use  customer support" is complete and utter nonsense.

i agree with you that sensible people find most answers easily enough via the available information, but there are plenty of situations where contacting support is appropriate or even necessary.

You are telling the OP what he "should not desire" REALLY? He has earned the right to use it, and certainly has the right to "desire" whatever he wants to, which doesn't mean he'll get it of course.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rohan,

You should be able to use the Help Center link I highlighted on the screenshot below to find answers to your questions and contact support:

Screenshot_10.png

~ Valeria
Upwork

Yes it's there. Thanks Smiley Very Happy

morgan70

I've been upgraded to premium freelancer and was told to live chat customer service to let them know and have them upgrade.  But I can't find live chat help.  Please help!

Thanks,

Hello Morgan,

You can initiate a live chat using Upwork Help Center by clicking the Get Help button.

Untitled