cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat gone since latest update?

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
1 of 14

Has anyone else noticed that there is no live chat option anymore? Or is it just me?

When I click on the "Help and Support" link the CS window opens and for a split second I can see the live chat button. And then it disappears and I can only submit tickets.

Also, the "number of applicants" feature (on the job posting page and the job applications page) is wonky. The numbers don't match anymore. One says 10 applicants, the other says 1 applicant. The job applications page numbers are always higher and seem more legit.

And it's the same mysterious thing: I check the job applications page and then click on "view job posting". Again, for a split second the numbers match and then it changes from 10 to 1!

I am still using the same browser (Chrome), have cleared my cache several times, logged out and in etc. 

It keeps happening.

Odd.

Edit: Phone support has vanished as well.

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 14

Yes you are right about the live chat as well as job posting i have noticed these things and just wait until it gets better no need to bother the answer will be as usual.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 14

I have chat and email support but phone support has disappearred out of my options. I am seeing job postings from days ago but they say posted a few hours ago.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
4 of 14

It is available for me and I'm a Plus member. I seem to remember chat was going to be only for PLUS members.

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
5 of 14

@Jean S wrote:

It is available for me and I'm a Plus member. I seem to remember chat was going to be only for PLUS members.

From an announcement on March 25, 2015:

How will Top Rated status help me?

The program rewards the best oDesk freelancers with benefits that include:

• A Top Rated badge to help your oDesk profile stand out
  • In-house recruiting services to connect members with exclusive job invitations
  • Priority phone, chat, and email support
  • And more.

Community Guru
6 of 14

@Ela K wrote:

@Jean S wrote:

From an announcement on March 25, 2015:

How will Top Rated status help me?

The program rewards the best oDesk freelancers with benefits that include:

• A Top Rated badge to help your oDesk profile stand out
  • In-house recruiting services to connect members with exclusive job invitations
  • Priority phone, chat, and email support
  • And more.

I think the top rated freelancers are more than the Chat staff so its hard to deal with thousands of freelancers and after the recent changes there are tons of complaints to deal with so may be they decide to finish this option for top rated freelancers and favor to the Plus memebers as they are less in quantity.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
7 of 14

Jean,

We are all Top Rated. It should be available to everyone that has posted.

Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
8 of 14

I’m not a plus member, and I still have everything.

Community Guru
9 of 14

I have nothing but Submit Request option i am also top rated and I have use live chat last week.May be its just a bug only.

Ace Contributor
Roman M Member Since: Feb 25, 2015
10 of 14

I believe live chat have rotational availability for freelancers. I had a time last year for months that I could not do live chat. Right now I have. Sometimes you have sometimes you do. They may have a limited slot and when you have it, you have it for a certain amount of time then it get transferred to another freelancer.

Phone support should be available for top rated freelancer. Its just a number anyway that you have to call. If you have it, list it down. If you don't have it, maybe its shown just like the live chat, sometimes you do sometimes you don't have it.

Also, just a guess, I have multiple computers that I use. I recall that when I logged in on one computer I didn't have live chat, then when I logged in my main workstation I was able to see it. It shows for a brief period then disappears just like Ela K described.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS