🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Live chat
Page options
draga11
Community Member

Live chat

Hello,

I would ask you for help.

Are there any changes to Upwork or am I struggling to find a live chat option?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "My client ended the contract after we finished the job. I'm not sure if the client has to approve the amount at the review or will I get it when it goes through that phase even if the contract ends?"

If you were hired using an hourly contract, then there is no "client review" step.

You will get paid for the hours that you log, regardless of when the contract was ended or who ended the contract.

If you were hired with a fixed-price contract, and the client closed the contract, then the client MUST release all milestone escrow money to you, OR edit the amount to be less than the total in escrow which generates a REQUEST for you to approve a refund.

If the client ended the contract and you did NOT receive a refund request, then it means the money has been released to you. And you should be able to see that money on your reports or transactions screen.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Dragana:
You don't need live chat.

If you have a question, simply ask your question right here in this thread.

Thank you for offering your help but that is my question. 

If you're asking about live chat:

The availability of various customer support options VARIES.

It varies with the day of the week, the time of day. It varies depending on holidays and traffic. It varies depending on who you are. Premium clients, standard clients, Top Rated freelancers, standard freelancers, etc., may be presented with different customer support options at different times.

An option (such as live chat) which you found easy to access last month might be unavailable at this time simply due to high demand by other users, or low availability of support personnel.

I would never recommend that a freelancer rely on live chat for support, because it is so easy to get support here in the Community Forum: Not only from knowledgeable Upwork users, but also from official Upwork employees, including Forum Moderators.

Thanks a lot for helping Preston.

That is something new on Upwork for me. Maybe you can help me out with my next question.

My client ended the contract after we finished the job. I'm not sure if the client has to approve the amount at the review or will I get it when it goes through that phase even if the contract ends?

re: "My client ended the contract after we finished the job. I'm not sure if the client has to approve the amount at the review or will I get it when it goes through that phase even if the contract ends?"

If you were hired using an hourly contract, then there is no "client review" step.

You will get paid for the hours that you log, regardless of when the contract was ended or who ended the contract.

If you were hired with a fixed-price contract, and the client closed the contract, then the client MUST release all milestone escrow money to you, OR edit the amount to be less than the total in escrow which generates a REQUEST for you to approve a refund.

If the client ended the contract and you did NOT receive a refund request, then it means the money has been released to you. And you should be able to see that money on your reports or transactions screen.

Many thanks, Preston for the clarification!

ea1d6819
Community Member

Looks like Upwork has removed Liver chat support. Also, there is no way to create tickets.

Upwork is going Uber's way basically means they won't support you.

Hi Ranjan,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. Our customer support team is creating a personalized experience to better assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you’ll receive.

A quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner in the Upwork Help. You will be asked what type of account you need help with and to describe your issue or questions. Please select the best option for your situation. If you’d like to speak to an agent, you can request that via the chatbot. If you have some general questions about using Upwork or are looking for advice, feel free to post here in the Community.
~ Nikola
Upwork
williamtcooper
Community Member

Click the "Get Support" link on the bottom right of the screen or call Upwork's customer service hotline at **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members