🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Live support for Top Rated Freelancers
Page options
wptophat
Community Member

Live support for Top Rated Freelancers

I was just awarded Top Rated freelancer status and I was under the impression that this gives me access to live chat and phone support. But when I click help and then Get Help in the support center, it only gives me the option to send an email or ask the community. It does not give me chat or phone options. 

So how do I take advantage of these benefits?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Preston H wrote:

There may have been an idea or announcement like that at one time, or you may be mis-remembering something you saw.

Nonsense.

Top rated freelancers have perks, one of those perks is access to phone and chat support. Always has been like that, from the start.

However, Tim does not need to contact any form support if a ticket is already logged, it would be a complete waste of his time and the time of the person he speaks to in support. All they can do is merge the new request to the existing ticket, and Tim can simply respond to the open ticket, which has the exact same effect.

It's a tech issue, and when the underlying problem has been resolved, it is resolved for everyone. There is no way to cherry-pick one user account and fix that person's problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I was just awarded Top Rated freelancer status and I was under the impression that this gives me access to live chat and phone support."

That is not necessarily true.

There may have been an idea or announcement like that at one time, or you may be mis-remembering something you saw.

But if you are asking about how things are right now:

Customer Support resources are allocated dynamically. Customer Support options do not remain the same at all times and for all people, and may vary depending on the current demand on resources, the time of day, the day of the week, holiday schedules, availability of support professionals, and the status of the person seeking support (user/non-user, client, freelancer, premium membership status, top-rated status, etc.)

All of which means that at any given time a particular support option (live chat, phone, etc.) may or may not be available to you.

BUT: The Forum is always here, and there are always people checking it and ready to answer questions. There are VERY fiew questions that can't be answered by posting in the Forum.

ALSO: Most Upwork users have 24-hour access to posting support tickets.

o not think I am misremembering anything. This is listed as a perk in the announcement I saw after logging in when this was awarded to me. It is also listed as s perk in this article:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068468-Become-Top-Rated

And finally, it was also listed in the email I got from UpWork telling me about my new Top Rated status.

So if this is not true, I have to say I feel a bit cheated. I mean that is 3 places that specifically state top rated freelancers get access to priority support via phone, chat, and priority email support.

It is right there for al to see!

Also, my issue was originally asked in the forum and was elevated to a ticket last week. But I have not heard anything since. That is the reason I am trying to contact them so urgently.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-Feed-Not-Updating/m-p/606995#M368522

Preston H wrote:

Nonsense.

Top rated freelancers have perks, one of those perks is access to phone and chat support. Always has been like that, from the start.

However, Tim does not need to contact any form support if a ticket is already logged, it would be a complete waste of his time and the time of the person he speaks to in support. All they can do is merge the new request to the existing ticket, and Tim can simply respond to the open ticket, which has the exact same effect.

It's a tech issue, and when the underlying problem has been resolved, it is resolved for everyone. There is no way to cherry-pick one user account and fix that person's problem.

wptophat
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Preston H wrote:

Nonsense.

I apppreciate your bluntness here and I agree totally.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tim,

I'll check this with our team and get back to you once we have more information. We appreciate your patience while we look into this.

Edited to add:

A member of our team reached out to you directly via this support ticket and will assist you further directly regarding this concern.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
wptophat
Community Member

Thank you! I would appreciate that!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members